





Well, I'm finally getting around to posting about Thanksgiving. I guess that's just me though, always late...
We had a really nice Thanksgiving. Garrett's brother Josh and his wife Tanya and their cute little daughter, Hannah were able to come and share the holiday with us. They got here Wed. morning. We spent the day going grocery shopping (I know, late as usual), and making rolls and pie crusts. Then Thursday was the big day of cooking and eating...good food. Thanks for your help in the kitchen Josh and Tanya!! The girls loved playing with their cousin Hannah--especially Paige. They got along really well.
Friday, we went and chopped down our Christmas tree in the morning. We haven't put it up yet because we're waiting for Garrett to get back home. Garrett's grandma, Laura Mae passed away early Wednesday morning. She had lung cancer that spread to her brain. We really miss her and are sad, but we're also glad that she's at peace and is reunited with her family and her husband. So, instead of Josh and Tanya staying till Sunday, like the original plan, Garrett and Josh flew to Ohio on Saturday morning and Tanya and Hannah flew home on Saturday morning. It was fun to spend time with them again...it's been a year since we had seen them. We went camping with them last year during our sabbatical.




This is Hannah--isn't she a cutie? She was being silly when I was trying to take the pictures, but this was the best I got. She is a fun little girl, though.



2 comments:
You are sooo not late. Your dinner looks just wonderful.
I'm sorry to hear about Garretts grandma.
I can't believe you have your tree already. You are doing great!!
We had so much fun with you guys! I really wish we lived closer, especially on days like today when I wish Hannah had more good friends we could invite over for play time. She was in heaven the whole time at your house. We love our Thanksgiving this year! I will get on top of my blog sometime soon. I have been busy getting ready for my holiday boutique this Saturday. I got some cute pictures of our trip I can't wait to post.
Post a Comment