Thursday, December 4, 2008

Declaration of Love

I was sitting at the breakfast table this morning eating my cereal and lost in thought about my upcoming day. Paige was in the other room coloring, and she called out, "Mom" and I answered, "what?" (still lost in thought) and then she called out, "I love you". Out of the blue came her little declaration and it melted my heart. Of course I returned the sentiment, but it got me thinking that I don't show or tell my kids, or my husband for that matter, how much I love them as much as I should. Just those three little words changed my mood and my outlook on the day. So, I'm going to try to declare my love more often, because let's face it, who doesn't love to hear those three little words?

6 comments:

kate n. said...

how cute is that!

tiffany said...

That is cute! Grant's done that to me, just out of the blue like that. I think I even answered kind of cranky when he "Mommed" me to get my attention. Talk about feeling terrible. There is nothing sweeter though, than that!

Tonya said...

Best 3 words in the English language. I learned long ago to tell people how much I love them. I don't want anyone to leave this Earth with a doubt about how I feel for them. Leave it to a little child to remind us of what is truly important.

Gabrielle said...

Thanks for the reminder! I love saying, "I love you!" I love hearing it even more, especially from beautiful little children.

tiffany said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Awesome new family picture!! I love it!!! Is that your Christmas Card picture? Who took it? Where was it taken?? Fun Stuff!

Tanya McKibben said...

Ahhh! What a cute post. I have the sweetest neices. Give them hugs from me and Hannah. We miss you guys.