Friday, June 27, 2008

London, Here we come!

Well, it's official. In case any of you haven't heard, we're going to be living in London for 7 weeks for Garrett's work. We're leaving on July 16th which is less than 3 weeks away. We've been busy getting passports for the girls this past week. It has been really expensive (about $800), since we had to expedite them to make sure we get them before we leave. Wow! Good thing Garrett and I already had ours. So, we'll actually be living in a town called Swindon which is a couple of hours away from London, but where the Intel offices are located. The people over there are working to find us a car and an apartment that will be big enough for the six of us.
Hopefully we'll be able to make due for seven weeks, although I'm not sure what me and the girls will be doing to fill our days. We'll have to take lots of walks or bring lots of movies. Either one I guess. Packing scares me because I have no idea what to bring. Clothes wise because I'm not sure about the weather and also about things for the girls to do. Luggage is limited since they've started making you pay for your second bags. I guess I'll get it figured out.
It should be really neat though. My brother informs me that Oxford is really close to us and we definitely should check that out (He served his mission here and his wife is from England--a place called Bournmouth I believe. Let me know if I got that right Solviej!) I've also been told that Stonehenge is pretty close as well which we'll definitely go visit.
All in all, we're pretty excited. Maggie's a little apprehensive and Lydia is all for a new adventure. Paige has no clue what's going on. She'll be happy as long as there are some barbies to play with and some movies to watch. :) I think it will be neat for them, just kind of wish they were a little older so they could remember and appreciate it more. Garrett is very excited about visiting Scotland and Ireland and checking out his roots. He's been trying to work on some genealogy before we go so he can know where to go in Scotland and figure out what clan he's from and so on. He's like a little kid in a candy store--he's really that excited. He has big plans for all the sightseeing he wants us to do. I just don't know when we'll do it all. Weekends I guess. We'll also have that last week strictly for vacation and sightseeing, so we'll see what we can squeeze in!

1 comment:

Tanya McKibben said...

I can't wait to come visit you guys! Flights to London (from Berlin) are super cheap, not sure if there is an airport closer to you. You are going to love it. If you guys want to come visit Germany let us know!!