Friday, June 27, 2008

Our new backyard

We just hired our friend, Dave Jensen, who's like a landscape designer, to come and work on our backyard. We were wanting to put in a deck, but he informed us that it would become a good hiding place for all sorts of animals and snakes and such. So we decided to avoid that nightmare and instead had him make a nice patio with paver stones. He also put a little wall around our existing patio where we can plant some flowers (someday) and a step down into the grass. We also had him put in a fire pit, which is our favorite part of the backyard. We've been out there 3 or 4 times already enjoying a fire and of course, s'mores. It turned out really nice and we are so glad that we didn't have to do it ourselves!! Here are some pictures:




This is the kids side of the yard with their
trampoline and rickety old swingset. That's
Garrett's hammock, but I think they play on it
more than he has a chance to lay on it.


This is where our trailer is usually parked.
Some people in our ward were renting it for a
few days.

1 comment:

Solviej said...

I love your backyard fire pit. Tad and I totally want one. How's preparations going for your trip to England? I wish I knew a bit about Swindon to help you out. Have you got in touch with anyone from the Church there yet? I'm pretty sure there is a big ward in Swindon. If you get a chance to go to Bournemouth the beaches are great. You should try and take the kids to Lego-Land near London. I'm sure they would love it. If you think I can help you out with any of your worries you should call.