Waiting for the feast to begin
Abby, Trevor, and Kayla
Whitney and Cassidy (two of the young women I teach--such GREAT girls!)
The hostess, Beth, divided up the food assignments and I have to say that I got off pretty darn easy. Beth made the potatoes, broccoli/cheese casserole, green beans, and a berry jello salad. Her mother-in-law made the most amazing peanut butter pie!!
Rockelle is our chef and made the turkey, the stuffing, THE best yams I've ever had, 250 rolls, cranberry sauce, gravy and some pies, pumpkin bars and a couple other desserts.
Suki made the ham and her delicious pot-stickers. Not your typical Thanksgiving dish, but yummy just the same. She also made some peach pies.
I made some rolls and 2 banana cream pies, and bought a pumpkin pie and pecan pie from Costco along with Costco's All-American chocolate cake. They all requested the costco desserts.
The adult table
The kids table
Waiting in the buffet line
Dessert time
The kids got a kick out of making jib jab videos
Noah playing with some real boy toys. (The Browns have 3 boys and 3 girls) He had a great time.
We had a TON of food. It was a lot of fun and nice to be able to hang out with such great people. After we ate, Garrett took Noah home to have a nap (we live 4 houses down from the Brown's), the kids played, the men watched football and the women talked. It was so nice and relaxing.
On the Sunday after Thanksgiving, we went ahead and cooked our own Thanksgiving meal since we had the turkey and I was really craving my mom's stuffing and gravy and her baked beans. It was so good! I guess we had so many things to be grateful for that we celebrated twice!
4 comments:
Wow, there were a ton of people at your friend's Thanksgiving! I agree, you need to have the baked beans. It's just not Thanksgiving without them. I can't believe how big Noah's getting. Oh, and I liked your Thanksgiving plates.
It looks like your Thanksgiving was wonderful. I love that you had two.
That was alot of food at your friend's house!! Glad you got to celebrate twice and satisfy your Thanksgiving cravings! I like your plates too!
Glad that you had a great Thanksgiving - two of them! Looks like you had lots of great food - fun to try new stuff as well!
Post a Comment