Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Noah

Big things have been happening with Noah in the past weeks.  On Sept. 11th, we gave him his first haircut.  Since I've never cut a boys hair or a babies hair for that matter, I was a little nervous to do it.  So, I had Garrett do the cutting.  We turned on Mickey Mouse, which he really likes and he sat pretty still.  He turned his head every once in awhile, but we were able to get the job done.  He was started to get these really cute curls on the back of his head.  I loved them, but they were getting kind of long.  I really don't like long hair on boys, so I figured it was time to cut it.  He looked like such a little boy and not a baby anymore after we cut it.  He wouldn't hold very still when I was trying to take pictures, but you can get the basic idea.  This first picture is the "before".  You can see a little curl sticking out in the back. 






We just got a new, updated computer and now I can finally upload videos! 
Noah started walking on September 17th.  He was 14 months old.  Not too late in the game, I guess, but definitely later than my girls we were all around a year old.  Now, he's a pro and speeding all over the place.


One day, Noah started doing these "head stand" things.  I swear he was going to flip over into a somersault.  He was doing it over and over again real fast and we were all laughing and he was LOVING the attention.  It was so cute!  Then he started lifting his hands up and we'd all clap and he would laugh.
I love his little smirk in this picture.  I was just trying to capture his first head wound.  The first of many, I'm sure.  Just as this one was finished healing, he hit his head on a brick outside in the exact same spot the other day.  I'm starting to see how having a boy is completely different from having girls.  But we wouldn't trade him for anything.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh he is a cutie patootie! He does look older with his haircut. I keep checking your blog for Halloween pictures, but I guess you have to catch up before we see those, eh? Keep on blogging! It's fun to see what's been going on.

tiffany said...

That is a cute little smirk he has going on in that last pic! So glad you get to experience a boy along with all your cute girls!! His haircut looks very nice, too, by the way! :)

JoAnnHansen said...

Yep - not a baby any more! He's all little boy! Yes, you are in for quite a change with him! So cute!