Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Soccer 2011

This is the second year for the girls to play soccer.  I have to say they all liked it better this year.  Last year it was a whole new experience for them and they didn't really know much about soccer.  But this year, it was more familiar and they knew what to expect.  All three of them got more involved in the game and hopefully learned some new skills.  I know they all had a really fun time playing.  This year, Garrett was able to be the coach for Maggie's team, with some help from our friend, Beth when he couldn't make it on time because of work.  I think he really enjoyed it.  Maggie's team was the "Hammerheads", Lydia's was the "Cheetahs" and Paige's team was "the Green Giants".

Chasing the ball

For some reason, she was having some sort of argument with this kid.  I'm sure they were both just smack talking each other (he was from another team).  I thought it was kind of funny though. 
Lydia in action

Being goalie

Maggie enjoyed soccer a lot this year.  It helped that most of the kids on her team were kids from our ward that she was friends with.  She likes playing defense a lot but hates playing goalie. 




Paige was funny because she got a lot of good exercise running up and down the field.  When she finally came to the ball, sometimes she would just watch the other kids kick it even though she had the perfect shot.  Once in awhile she did kick it, though.


She didn't know anyone on her team, but she quickly made friends.  Her favorite thing to do was to play tag with the boys on her team. 
Making an effort to kick the ball. 

I still haven't seen their official team pictures.  I email the lady in charge, but haven't heard back from her yet.  I guess I will post those when I get them. 

2 comments:

tiffany said...

Glad they all had a good time! I love soccer!!

JoAnnHansen said...

Those girls are looking good! I know that it is a great experience for them! Keep going girls!