Thursday, August 13, 2009

3 Vacations in 6 Weeks

We just returned home after our last vacation for the summer. This makes 3 summers in a row that we were gone for a big chunk of the summer. 2007 was our sabbatical, 2008 was England and 2009 was two family reunions. Next summer, it'd be nice to just hang out here. We have had a great six weeks with both sides of our families. We've been to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho; Logan Utah; Boston, Salem and Plymouth, Massachusetts; and Castine, Maine. We've had a ton of fun and the girls were great with all the traveling. We got to see every single person in both families and got new family pictures taken with both sides of our family. We've seen beautiful country and made some great memories.
It's nice to be back, but after being on vacation for 6 weeks, it's really hard to get back to real life and responsibility. Luckily, school doesn't start for a few more weeks, so we can still play. I fully intend to blog about each of our trips, but it will take some time, so if you are interested in hearing about them, hang in there...I'll get to them...slowly but surely.

6 comments:

tiffany said...

Yeah, nice to see something different on your blog. Can't wait to hear about your pespective on Maine and the other parts of your trips! Glad you got back ok. I'm sure it's nice to be home! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Beth said...

Glad you are back! I don't know how you travel so much with your kids. We went on a 3 day trip and I was SOOO happy to be home where the kids could sleep in their own beds. Cute picture of Garrett and the girls.

JoAnnHansen said...

Hi Mindy,
Glad to hear that you got home ok. I'll bet it was a long trip!!
I will be anxious to hear more, so I will hang in there.! Tell the girls Hi

Megan said...

Yeah, it is nice to see something new on your blog. And the picture of Garrett and the girls is great. I can't wait to see your Maine pictures!

Anonymous said...

glad you made it home safe and sound!
Cant wait for the stories!

Tonya said...

Can't wait to see all the pics from all your travels.