One year old
Two years old
Three and a half
Four years old. Wearing her new "Fancy Nancy" posh slippers.
Our little Paigey girl turned 4 years old today. She was born at 10:52 in the morning via C-section and the birth went very smoothly. She was 7 lbs. 14 oz and 20 inches long and she had a little tiny bit of dark hair. One thing I do remember about the birth was that Dr. Dierdorff had the radio playing during the operation. When she came out (or a little after), they were playing the song "Daughters" by John Mayer. I thought it was quite appropriate. :) Maggie and Lydia were very excited to have another sister and loved holding her.
Some things about Paige:
1.) She is all girl and loves barbies, polly pockets, dress up and wearing make-up and lots of lotion and chapstick (or lip stick to her).
2.) She is a beautiful dancer and is taking ballet (a.k.a. creative movement) at Forest Grove Dance Arts. She loves to dance around the house doing beautiful ballet moves. She's very excited for her 1st dance recital in June.
3.) Paige is a singer. She loves to sing songs from the Little Mermaid, Barbie movies, High School Musical, Hannah Montana, you name it, she sings it.
4.) She is very loving. She's very good at coming up to us and giving us hugs and kisses for no reason, and she's always the first person to kiss and hug Bella before I put her down for her naps.
5.) She is very helpful around the house. She is eager to help with the dishes and setting the table. And is usually helpful when it comes to putting toys away, but that usually takes a little more persuasion.
6.) She is a good student at home and at church. In fact, her preschool teacher, Miss Linda asked if she could clone Paige because she is very well behaved and polite at school. She loves being a sunbeam at church, finally.
7.) She has a temper. This isn't one of her better points, but it's true. She gets upset very easily and will yell and cry and unfortuneatly hit/kick/scratch the person that has wronged her. We're working on that.... : )
8.) She is a snacker and very picky about food. This kid is constantly eating food throughout the day. I hate to say it but somedays it annoys me because I'd rather worry about food for the 3 meals/day and move on to other things. But she'll eat her breakfast and then an hour later (sometimes less) will be asking for a snack. This goes on throughout the day. Everyday. Maggie and Lydia were never like this, so it's something I have to get used to. Her favorite food of all time is macaroni and cheese. She eats this at least 4 or 5 times a week. I keep trying to get her to eat other things, but its such a battle because she is so picky! So I usually give in.
9.) She is a major gum chewer. I don't know if she just gets bored, or just likes to have something in her mouth all the time, but if she's not snacking, she's chewing gum.
10.) But she is a sweetheart and usually very happy and we love her just the way she is!
Happy Birthday Monkey!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Paige!! We hope you had a great day!! Grant sounds a lot like Paige in the eating department...exactly as a matter of fact. Only likes probably 4 or 5 things, that we rotate and snacks constantly (or tries)! That's so funny! Well give her hugs and kisses from us!
Happy Birthday Paige! That's amazing that she's already four because I only knew her as a baby. Wow. She's adorable and I love the things you wrote about her. I enjoyed the mention of Dr. Dierdorf because he delivered Karter also, and I enjoy ties to Oregon- we miss it!
I'm blog crashing since I saw your name on the Nissinen's blog. You have 4 beautiful girls! I remember when Paige was born; it's crazy how time flies. Tell your hubby we said hi!
Amy Thackeray
I love your TOP 10 lists-what a clever way to express your appreciation and gratitude! Much better than Letterman's-ha! Sorry we missed Paige's bday-birthdays at the beginning of the year always get overlooked because I don't update my new calendar until after the start of the year-oops! She's become such a 'big' little girl-she's changed so much since the last time I've seen her which was 1 1/2 years ago. I'm excited about getting to see you and your girls in July-it'll be fun to get 'reacquainted' with their personalities again! Thanks again for the clothes-haven't received the new box yet, but am getting good use of the ones we already have so I'm excited to see what other cute clothes you have in store for us!
I hope Paigey had a wonderful Birthday - I guess her party is today! Hope she has fun. She is a precious little girl and we love her a lot!
Hugs and kissses from gramps and I.
Love,
Grandma
Post a Comment