Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our Sugar Plum Fairy

I am really liking the new school that the girls go to. They actually did something for the holidays; whereas Maggie's old school never did a thing. Granted, it got cancelled due to the snow, but they still planned a "Nutcracker" Production for the holidays. Maggie tried out for the Sugar Plum Fairy dancer and got it, along with two other girls. They held practices once a week after school for about 3-4 weeks. Maggie was really bummed when they cancelled it, but I figured that they would try to do it after Christmas--which they did. They put it on last Friday night (9th). The 3rd and 4th graders were the ones involved and it was really well done. They had great costumes (thanks to Terri and Rose, among others), a fun choir and the actors did a great job remembering their lines. The turn out was amazing. It's great to see the community supporting an event like this. There were quite a few kids from our ward that were involved, also and they all did a great job! We are so proud of Maggie for auditioning for the part and showing her talents. I know it's scary up there on stage, but she did a great job and I think she had a pretty good time.



Here's a picture of her in her costume and stage make-up. I'm still working on a video of the dance.

7 comments:

tiffany said...

Wow, way to go Maggie!! hugs and kisses, Tiffany

tiffany said...

I just noticed the 1930's style picture--how cute!! That is just adorable!!
PS--I don't think I ever thanked you for all the pics you sent me in the mail--so, "thank-you"! I was glad to have them, they were all very cute!

Tonya said...

It was a lot fun no matter what our husbands say..LOL

Maggie did a great job!!

Beth said...

Maggie was WONDERFUL! She was the only one who didn't look scared to death! She did a great job dancing and looked beautiful.

Athack77 said...

Maggie looks so grown up! What a fun event and a sweet costume. I like her pose...the Nutcracker is one of my favorite balles.

Meggin & Jacob said...

Are you sure that Maggie is ONLY 8??!! Wow-she already looks so grownup-scary! I guess that's partly due to the wonderful (and dangerous) magic of makeup but also because she's already so tall!
Thank you so much for the most recent box of clothes-we got them yesterday and they're already stored away. 3 month sizes are just now starting to fit her right, so she's a little on the petite size. I'm so shocked that at 9 months Bella is already wearing clothes for 18-months! You might just run out of clothes for her at this rate-she'll be wearing Maggie's clothes before you know it-ha! The picture of the girls is so cute-I've always loved antique photos like that. Have you ever seen OUR antique family photo? Ask Garrett about it-think mom and dad have the only copy. We had our 1st professional family photo shoot on Saturday at JCPenneys-they turned out so cute of Celeste. I'll forward the link when I get it.

JoAnnHansen said...

Hey Maggie,
Great job at dancing! You look beautiful! I wish I could have watched you! I miss you!
Love,
Grandma
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo