Thursday, January 29, 2009

Goodbye Minivan; Hello Suburban

Last Thursday night, we traded in our minivan for a GMC Yukon Suburban. I really like it! I was prepared to drive that van until it died on us, so when Garrett suggested that we go test drive it I was pretty surprised. Things worked out great because we got an upgrade in cars for only a tiny bit more in price. Now, we're trying to sell the truck (ANYONE WANT TO BUY A GREAT TRUCK?) so we're back down to two payments. The suburban can pull the trailer (which was a must), it has a ton of cargo space, a built in GPS and DVD player and a moon roof. Plus it's fun to drive something big again. I've been missing the Expedition. I've been driving Garrett's focus for the past two days while he took it in for emissions and to go back to the dealership to get the speedometer fixed. Driving in that tiny car with four kids is way to cramped for me. And them! So, I'm glad this all worked out.



8 comments:

Lisa said...

Find someone to buy my house and I'll buy your truck! lol

Anonymous said...

Wow-you guys seem to get a lot of new cars. Do you just get tired of them quickly? I can't keep up with your cars and Tiff's--they're always new! Very nice--hope you enjoy it!

tiffany said...

Congrats on the new vehicle!! It's nice! What year is it? I can't tell if it's black or navy. Fun stuff! I like bigger vehicles, too!

Tonya said...

Very nice. Thank goodness that gas prices went down.

Anonymous said...

How many cars have you had Mindy?
I am jelous! We had to take our van in today for a small repair, and I was thinking I want a new big truck kind of car. Your truck is too heavy for my needs though. In my whole life I have had 5 vehicles.

SB said...

How ON EARTH did you get four kids into a Focus? That must have been something. Excellent call on the Yukon over the minivan. Now Garrett can drive the family vehicle with pride!

JoAnnHansen said...

Hi Mindy,
Wow - great new car! Dad asked me if you had a new one from something on you 25 list. Didn't know! Glad that you have more room with your growing little family. Love to you all,
Mom

Grandpa Hansen said...

I like the suburban, did it come with machine guns? I am glad you are trying to get rid of some of your payments--I might need a loan one of these days. I love you and it looked different without all the snow in your driveway!
Love DAD