Saturday, January 24, 2009

Maggie got diamonds

After about a year of working up her courage, Maggie finally decided to get her ears pierced. We are really proud of her for going through with it. She wanted to get them pierced for her 8th birthday, but then decided she wasn't ready. Every now and then she'd say she was ready, but then her worrying got the best of her. We would "practice" with her by having Garrett pinch her ears to show her what the pain would be like. We told her that if we drove all the way to the mall, that she would have to go through with it, since we didn't want to take a trip out there for no reason. So she had to be absolutely sure. So last Saturday, she had made up her mind to just do it. She talked to her friends at school who already had their ears pierced to find out how much it really hurt. After she was done she said it hurt more than what she expected. But, she made it through like the tough girl she is. She picked her birthstone for the earring; diamonds. She loved that. She's really happy that she finally did it and she loves the way they look. She can't wait to wear the dangly earrings, but I guess she has to wait 6 months before she can wear those.




9 comments:

Solviej said...

Well done Maggie,
I was the grand old age of 16 when I got my ears pierced so she did better than me:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindy Sue--Tell Maggie she did a great job and they look great! Rachel had to go through it twice--once when she was about 4 (because she didn't like them and they closed) and then about 6 months ago when she decided she wanted them again. Brave girls!

I'll take some close up pictures of the cabinets as soon as more are installed.

Megan said...

Yeah, tell Maggie she did a great job. I was just like Solviej and didn't get mine pierced until I was 16! Maggie's a cute girl!!

Tonya said...

Way to go Maggie. I remember being a little freaked out about it too. I wish my birthstone was a Diamon..LOL

Can't wait to see them today.

tiffany said...

Way to go Maggie!! I got mine done when I was 8 also! They look really pretty! My diamond earrings are my favorite as well! They go with everything!! You were very brave... you didn't flinch or anything!

JoAnnHansen said...

Hi Maggie,
WOW, you got your ears peirced!
They look beautiful! I'm glad that
you did it and that you are happy with them. I won't tell you how old I was! Love and miss you.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

MINDY,
I am going to HIGHLY recommend that you do not allow her to remove those earings for at least 1 full year. Yes you heard that right.
With Cassidy we did not and she has NEVER had even one infection.
Sarah, Abby, Myah and Aurora (impatient little girls) have had infections and bleeds.
I have now put sarah & Abby back into their posts and we are not removing them until they are 12.
I promise if you can keep her in them for at least a year you will have NO problems.
Good luck. I know the draw of dangles!
Love, Rockelle

Meggin & Jacob said...

How exciting! Brings back memories of getting my ears pierced at 8 as well. Can Maggie really be that old?! Watch out though-could just be the beginning of a piercing fetish-ha! I sure went through mine! At one point I had 4 holes in each ear. Diamonds really are a girl's best friend! I've always liked that they were my birthstone too-very classy! Way to tough it, Maggie-didn't even see you flinch!

Anonymous said...

Thank you :)