I made it to the midnight showing of Twilight last night and was glad I did it, even though I haven't been to a midnight movie since college. At first, long ago when my friend Robyn asked if I was going to go the the midnight showing, I was all over it. No questions asked. Then, this week I wasn't getting much sleep and I was really questioning if I could make it through a midnight showing. Garrett took me to the movie for my birthday and we saw a 9:30 showing and when that ended at 11:30, I was exhausted. I know that's weak, but I am 33 now, so I'm not a spring chicken anymore. But, last night I decided to try and take a nap before I went. It took me awhile to get to sleep, but I think I slept an hour and then headed over at 11 with some friends. It was fun being there with all the hype and excitement, so I'm glad I went. Thanks to Robyn and her neighbors for saving us seats!! There were a lot of people there, like I expected and there were all ages there, too. Mostly young teenagers, but we saw some older ladies, too. Plus there were some guys/men. I didn't even think to bring my camera, but my friends Kate and Robyn got some pictures, so you can see their pictures on their blogs.I really liked the movie. I knew it was never going to live up to the book and the characters in my mind, but it was still fun. For being a "lower" budget movie, I thought they did a really good job. I think the casting could have been better. Some of the actors they hired could not act worth a darn--specifically Jasper and Alice. I really liked Charlie, Emmett, James and Victoria--they were probably the best actors in my mind. Even Edward had a few moments where I was wondering if he was the best actor. But then some other scenes I thought that he was Edward spot on. But I did like the chemistry between Edward and Bella. They were a good match. In a lot of scenes they seemed really tense and nervous in the movie, almost like they were trying too hard to fit into character. I think they needed to lighten up a little bit. There weren't enough casual and playful scenes with Edward and Bella, to my liking. When they did have scenes like that where they actually smiled and laughed, I think that made the whole movie. I liked the scenes from prom, especially when she wanted him to turn her into a vampire. I thought that was great.

I'd love to hear what other people thought of the movie...so either comment on mine or I'll be checking your blogs. :)
So, now what do we obsess over? I think I'll read Twilight again, while the movie is fresh in my mind so that I can make comparisons. I'm not ready to give Edward and Bella up yet. I'm up for seeing the movie again sometime...maybe Garrett will go with me this time!?
And...thanks to my wonderful husband for supporting my craziness and helping me get the kids off to school today!!
4 comments:
Hey Mind--like the new backdrop!! I went to see Twilight this morning at 10:30. I liked it as well! I was really worried, they'd make it hokey (esp. w/ some of the special effects like Edwards sparkling skin), but I think they did a good job! I agree with your comment on some of the acting, I do NOT like the guy that plays Jasper. He reminded me of Edward Scissor Hands. I thought the "Charlie" actor did great and I loved the chemistry between "Edward" and "Bella". I too want to see it again! Of course it's not as good as the book, but I don't think anyone can expect that. I'm just glad I didn't re-read it like last week or I'm sure I would have just been picking it apart piece by piece. I want to re-read it again also,(for the 3rd time) now that I've seen the movie!!
I've been wondering how the movie was-I haven't heard any reviews yet or box office results. I would have been another face in the movie crowds this weekend if I didn't have an almost 8-week old to care for! Jacob wants to see it too so I didn't feel right leaving him with the baby. Actually, that's one reason that we're looking forward to going to California this next week-the timing is perfect for us because we'll actually have some reliable babysitters to leave Celeste with! There's no way we're ready to leave her with anybody here locally, so we're going to take advantage of being with family while we can! By-the-way, even though I haven't experienced any other stages yet, I do love my baby! I'm surprised at how much I enjoy her, even when she's crying. I'm already sad about her changing and growing into a sassy pants! Certainly don't need anymore of those around here! Also, thanks for all your blog comments-it's so exciting to check my blog to see what new comments have been made and you're one of my best commentors!
So glad you stayed up past your bedtime and came to the movie with us!! I think it made the movie better having all of us crazy mommies there. See you at Midnight for New Moon!!!
Robyn
I agree! It was fun to run into you at the theater! Cute blog! Send me an email so I can invite you to ours. gup dot nyy at verizon dot net.
Post a Comment