Lydia was born six years ago today and gave us quite a scare. My water broke on midnight of the18th/19th and so we went into the hospital and got checked in. I remember being really scared for some reason, although I didn't know why. I had Garrett give me a blessing before we went to the hospital. I don't think we got settled in to sleep until about three or four am. I think we may have dozed a little here and there, but there wasn't a lot of sleeping going on. Every time I had a contraction (only small ones that weren't really painful), her heart rate kept going down. I was watching this and called the nurse in to make sure she knew about it, and sure enough they were watching it. They called my doctor in (Dr. Robinson) at about 5 am to monitor us and check things out. He stayed in the room with me and watched the contractions (still small and hardly noticable) and heart rate for about an hour. He went out to talk to the nurses, and just a couple of minutes later, they all rushed back in, made me flip over on my hands and knees and gave me oxygen. I guess her heart rate dropped really low. At 6:10, Dr. Robinson came back in and said that a c-section was necessary at this point because Lyd's heart rate was dangerously low. So they prepped me for surgery. At 7:07 they made the first incision and at 7:12 am, she was born. Her umbillical cord was wrapped around her neck a couple of times, which caused the low heart rate. Thank heavens my water broke when it did, otherwise we might never had known about the cord. I know for a fact that Heavenly Father was watching out for Lydia!
Things I love about Lydia:
1. Her smile--it is beautiful; I also love her laugh--it is cute and contagious.
2. Her strong personality--she knows what she wants and she is determined to get it. (Although that can be bad at times, too)
3. She has a sensitive side. She cries in movies that you wouldn't think to cry in. Like High School Musical 2 when Gabriella quits her job and she's singing to Troy about going her own way. She cries because she can tell that they are sad and that makes her sad.
4. She faces her fears. She is really afraid of dogs. She loves them from a distance, but when they come up to her, she really freaks out. Her friend Blake has a dog that she was deathly afraid of when she first saw her. She can now be in the same room with Lexie (the dog) and even tries to pet her. You can still see the fear, but she's facing it.
5. She has her own style. She wears what she wants to wear no matter what anyone else says. If she wants to wear her pink and black cowgirl boots with yellow floral capris and a blue striped shirt, then that's what she's going to wear.
6. She is always up for an adventure. She loves to go camping and being outside. She loves going on bikerides and walks. She likes to ride along with Garrett in his truck and go to the "daddy store" (home depot).
7. She can be silly. She acts silly quite a bit, and its fun to watch. She likes to dance, but sometimes gets shy and doesn't want me to watch. But when I sneak a peek, it's very cute and she really is a good dancer, even when it is silly dancing.
8. She is an artist! During her last year of preschool, her artistic ability really exploded. Everyday she would come home with a picture she drew that was so cute and drawn really well for a five year old. I've been meaning to put some in frames, but that's a different story.
9. She is a hard worker and very smart. Every Monday when she gets her homework packet, she sits down and works on it right away and gets it finished it one sitting. She is learning to read right now and knows some sight words, so she is very excited to point out the words she knows in books we are reading.
10. She loves other people, despite differences. There is a boy that was in her preschool that has down syndrome (I think). She used to call him "hitting Logan", because he used to hit her sometimes. She didn't know that he was different in any way, only that he hit her. Today he is in her class at school and they are good friends. They ride the bus together and she tells me that she helps him on the bus. When he's standing, she helps him sit down and if he's talking in class, she'll remind him that they're supposed to listen. She goes to play at his house a couple of days a week and they have become good friends.
11. Lydia is 100% Lydia and doesn't try to be anything else. At times, she is stubborn and she can be a bully. She is probably my most difficult child and tries my patience like no other. But she is my Lydia and I love her more than anything.
Best 100 Gallon Water Tank Reviews
4 years ago






3 comments:
Well, I must have a sensitive side as well, cause I teared up like 3 times reading your nice post about Lydia! I have always gotten such a kick out of her! She has such a unique look about her--she is soo cute with a personality that does not stop!! "Happy Birthday" to her and let her know a little something is on it's way. "Hi" to the other cuties as well!!
Happy Birthday Lydia. I hope you had a great day. Blake is so excited about your bowling party. I'm so proud of you for facing your fear of Lexie. She's excited for you to come visit again soon.
Hi Mindy,
I just talked to Tiff, and she asked me why I didn't post comments on your blog. I'm just behind, and am just now reading about Lydia's birthday and the boy friend and girl friend. So cute!!
I hope Lydia had a great birthday and that the present got there on time.
Love you all,
Love, mom
Post a Comment