I'm not sure if everone can read that or not, but the menu choices are:spider eggs
pumpkin slime
boo bugs
bug catching potion
eyes of newt and toe of frog
skeleton head
I tried to take a picture of all the food, but the pictures didn't turn out very well. So, bear with me. :)
The spider eggs were:
cornThe pumpkin slime was:
(orange sherbet icecream with sprite)The boo bugs were:

hot dogs wrapped in breadsticks with chow mein noodles for legs and ketchup eyes and spots.bug catching potion:

Ranch dressing with ketchup swirls.
Eyes of newt and toe of frog:

Fruit kabobs
And skeleton heads were:

Cupcakes. So fun!
After the dinner, then we get to play games. This year we played some new ones, but they didn't turn out to be as fun as I thought they'd be. We first did a Halloween story like Mad libs. They had fun listing the names and objects, but when I put them in the story, they didn't think it was so funny. Except for the part that had boogers in it. Go figure.
Then we played a game called Trick-or-Treat where they'd pick a cauldron card and if it had treat written on it, they automatically got a treat. If they picked one with trick on it, then they had to do whatever the card said, like "cackle like a witch" or walk like "Frankenstein". That one was just okay, too.
The third one was Halloween pictionary--they liked that one. And then the last ones were relay races where they had to carry eyeballs on a spoon and walk across the room with out dropping it. And then they were ghost waiters and had to balance a ghost (balloon) on a paper plate and walk across the room. Cute Paige was cruisin along because she had her hand holding the balloon. She got mad when I told her not to do that and she didn't want to play anymore. The other relay was a spider walk where they'd crab walk (we called it spider walk) down the hall way and back. It didn't last very long--you can see it when you see the video at the bottom of the post.
The last one was a candy corn drop where they drop candy corns into a jar while standing on a chair. We've done that one before and they usually like that one, too.
It's hard having it on a school night because we feel like we have to hurry in order to get them in bed on time and have to rush. Other than that, we have a fun time and the girls really look forward to their party. I didn't have a lot of time to plan for it this year because I was gone for a week, but hopefully we'll have funner games next year.




3 comments:
What a great tradition! You are a super cool mom! I love hearing ideas like this so I can do them with my family. So much fun. and PS. thanks SOOOO much for all your help today!
What fun memories you are making for the kids. I can't get over how creative you are. I'll bet the girls will continue on with their own families.
Hi Mindy,
I love seeing all the pictures and reading about your Halloween party! Its really fun to do them, I'm glad that you carry on the tradition. No comment about my Halloween this year.
I'm glad that Lydia went out this year trick or treating. They all looked so cute. You do have a happening neighborhood!
Tell the girls Hi
Love
Mom
Post a Comment