Bella is 5!! Holy cow!
Bella loves her baby dolls and is always playing "mom and kid". So when I was starting to plan her party for this year, the theme I wanted to do was fairly obvious. She was super excited when I asked if that was what she wanted.
This was the invitation that I made. I copied the text from another invitation that I found online. I'm not very creative when it comes to writing. We invited 6 kids and they were all able to come!
Our beginning activity was coloring little paper dolls using stickers and crayons and I also had little foamie paper dolls and clothes. They really enjoyed creating these little people and each made 3 or 4 paper dolls. They spent a lot of time here. While they were doing this, I took their pictures with their baby dolls (or bear--in David's case) in front of the baby doll banner in front of the fire place. (Like the first picture of Bella at the top of the post).
Our next activity was a relay race outside, since we had beautiful, hot weather. It was meant to be a race, but some of the girls wanted to take their time and do everything right. It was cute. They each wanted to do it at least twice, sometimes 3 times. Bella and David didn't want to participate for some reason. They sat and watched the other kids have fun.
They had to put on an apron, put a diaper on a baby, wrap the baby in a blanket, put the baby in the stroller and put the diaper bag on their shoulder and then run/walk/stroll the baby to the slide and then back to the next person and take everything off.
Our next activity was just playing dolls or "mom and kid" as Bella likes to call it. This is what I was hoping would take up the majority of the party. I had different stations set up upstairs that they could go to and play in. The first one was the doctor's office. In here, they were able to weigh their babies and get an official birth certificate.
The weigh-in and birth certificate area. Maggie and Lydia helped out here.
Bella and her baby
I was in another corner of the room making felt diapers for the babies. I wanted to have this done before the party started, but realized that everyone was going to have different sized babies, so I had to wait till they got there. It took awhile and I don't think everyone waited around to get their diapers. Oh well.
I also handed out diaper bags (as their goody bags) here and a small "receiving" blanket that I made for each of them.
Then, I had an area with a doctor kit where Dr. Paige examined their babies for them. I didn't get a picture of Paige actually doing it, since I was making diapers, but she had on scrubs and everything. It was pretty cute. They all came back to this station later to give their babies a check-up, themselves.
The next area was "their house".
There was a dressing area...
a bathing area
they could brush their babies teeth and comb it's hair, cut it's fingernails, etc.
and a feeding/kitchen area. (And a few beds off to the left side there.)
We brought the car in from the garage, so they could drive to their different places.
There was a reading corner where they could read books to their babies.
The most popular station though, was the grocery store.
We set out all of our fake food and some toys around my bedroom. We gave them each some fake money. Maggie was the cashier. I felt bad that I only had one shopping cart, but I provided a couple of baskets for them to use, too. It was kind of funny to watch them try to juggle everything with their diaper bags, holding their babies, and the baskets, trying to put stuff in their carts, etc. One girl was trying to push a stroller with her baby in it and push a shopping cart with all her stuff. I had to giggle. Motherhood is so like that.
They probably could've continued playing for another hour at least, but time was running short and we still hadn't had cake or opened presents. So we had everyone come downstairs to have cake and ice cream.
I wanted to make a cake like those barbie doll cakes with a real barbie sticking out of the cake and her dress is actually the cake. But, I wanted to put a baby doll in the cake. I couldn't find one that worked, so I found this cake online instead. The face turned out a little dark, but other than that I thought it was a cute sleeping baby. There's pink smears on it because at first I tried to make flowers on the blanket, but that didn't work out, so I tried to get it off and that didn't work, so I tried to mix it in with the white, but I didn't have enough extra white. Oh well.
Then it was present time.
Group picture
Miraculously, we still had about 15 minutes left of the 2 1/2 hour party. So, they all wanted to go outside and play.
Bella had a fun time and I'm really glad that all of her cute little friends could come.
For the past couple of years, I've been doing something that my sister Megan does for her kid's birthdays. She interviews them each year and asks them the same questions. It's really cute to read their answers, so I thought I'd post Bella's answers. (Megs--I stole all your questions, I hope you don't mind.) :)
What is your favorite color? Yellow (of course, it's been that way since she was 3.)
What is your favorite toy? Baby doll
What is your favorite fruit? strawberries (really any fruit)
What is your favorite TV show? Strawberry shortcake
What is your favorite movie? She said Barbie movie--A Mermaid Tale, but I know she really likes "Dolphin Tale". She used to watch that movie ALL the time.
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Bagel with cream cheese and turkey
What is your favorite outfit? She said shorts and shirt, but she really loves wearing skirts.
What is your favorite game? Mom and kid
What is your favorite animal? Giraffe
What is your favorite snack? fruit snacks
What is your favorite song? Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Who is your best friend? David Nelson
What is your favorite book? Brown Bear Brown bear
What is your favorite cereal? Strawberry yogurt cheerios
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play on the swing
What is your favorite drink? chocolate milk
What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
What do you like to sleep with at night? baby doll and pink and green blanket
What is your favorite thing for dinner? cereal
What do you want to be when you grown up? a zookeeper (that one surprised me a little bit. I've never heard her say that before. )
Anyways, it was cute to hear her answers. She is such a doll. She is so sweet and helpful. She is always helping Noah with something. She's very creative and is always drawing or creating some kind of masterpiece. She's come a long way from when she was younger. She would hardly show any emotion to anyone--no mater what they did to get her to smile, she was very serious. But now, she's a pretty silly little girl. When she gets laughing, you can tell it's genuine happiness. I love this girl so much. I can't believe she's 5 and will be going off to kindergarten in the fall. What am I going to do without her around?
4 comments:
What a cute party!! That little Bella is so sweet. I love her smile. I love all of the stations that you had set up. You've got a lot of baby supplies! I bet they loved playing with their dolls. My favorite is how your older girls participate, like Dr. Paige and Maggie as the cashier. That's great!! And I can't believe you still have that alarm clock!! (I saw it in the background). That takes me back!I. I get a kick out of her friend David being there with all of the girls. And what a cute cake! Did you use licorice for the face and the outline? Of course I don't care that you used the questions I use; I got them from Pinterest so they weren't really mine to begin with. That's the beauty of blogging, we get to share our ideas! I've taken some of yours and I'll certainly be taking more in the future! I liked reading her answers. Happy birthday sweet Bella!
Little Bella - five years old. I think often of the hard time she had as a baby. So glad that she is a healthy, happy, loving, little girl. I love the baby doll party. Very fun to see all of the little girls and their babies. I'm sure they loved taking care of their babies. Happy that the girls could help you out. Fun party!
Your parties are amazing! That was so cute!
I can't believe how you can turn something as simple as playing with baby dolls into such a wonderful party!! Your cake was so cute, too! Bella is such a sweetie! That will be weird that you'll only have Noah at home!
Post a Comment