Monday, May 13, 2013

Bella and Garrett's Birthday

We started off the birthday morning with Garrett making Bella french toast for breakfast.  I was going to make breakfast for Garrett, but wasn't as prepared as I should have been, so I had to stop at the store after dropping the girls off at school, to get some things for his breakfast.  By that time he said he'd just have french toast, so I just cooked him some bacon to go with it.  Oh well.  

Bella's birthday breakfast
Later that night, we went out to celebrate Bella's birthday, since Garrett and I were going to go out on Friday for his birthday.  Bella really wanted to go to the Old Spaghetti Factory (like Maggie did), but Garrett didn't want to go again since we were just there.  So, she chose to go to IHOP instead, like she did last year.  Grandma and Grandpa came with us and then we all came back to our house for presents and cake/ice cream.  
I love this balloon that I got for Garrett.  I don't know why he's holding hangers.  They were probably on the couch when he went to sit down.  
Bella opened her presents first.  
I bought and printed her off some paper dolls that were supposed to look like her.  I thought they were adorable.  Unfortunately, she hasn't played with them very much, so I'm going to stick some magnets on the back and put them in the church bag.  I was so excited about them, but my kids just aren't into paper dolls I guess.  
She got some squinkees, a barbie from Grandma and Grandpa Hansen, and some money from Grandma and Grandpa McKibben.
She also got a new baby doll that drinks a bottle and pees.  The bad thing about this is that she soaks the diaper that she comes with with one bottle feeding and they only provide ONE diaper.  And you have to go out and buy more diapers just so they can get "peed" in.  That is such a waste of money to me, so we're letting the diaper air dry between feedings.    
She got more baby supplies and a little front carrier and she also got a really nice wooden highchair for her babies.  
Garrett got a Nike Fuel band and also I surprised him with a weekend getaway with me this coming weekend.  We're going to go stay in a condo in Bend from Friday to Sunday.  Luckily, Jim and Georgia said they would babysit for us.  We talked about going away for our anniversary and it just never happened.  
Bella feeding her new baby...
...and laughing at the wet diaper.  They got such a kick out of that.  
Garrett putting together the new high chair
clipping her baby's fingernails
I love that she loves baby dolls still.  At one point last year I was so ready to get rid of all the baby stuff because I thought she was too old for it.  But then I realized that she's not and I'd rather have her play with baby dolls and pretending to be a mom than have her playing with things that are too old for her, like Bratz dolls or something.  I wish I could keep her young forever.  She's my last little girl and I don't want her growing up too fast.  
Georgia was so nice and made Garrett a birthday cake since Bella was getting a birthday cake at her party.  It was an oatmeal cake and so yummy.  We sung to both of them and they were both able to blow out the candles.  Garrett and I ended up going out to Chevy's and seeing Iron Man 3 for his birthday when we went out on Friday.  It was so nice to get out and be by ourselves.  We hadn't been out on a date in awhile it seemed.  We had a fun time.  

4 comments:

JoAnnHansen said...

Such fun birthdays at your house!
And two on the same day! Very fun.
I'm happy that little Bella still loves babies too. She is such a cutie -Happy Birthday and to you too Garrett.

Megan said...

I used to love paper dolls. I got some Melissa and Doug magnetic dolls that are like paper dolls for Cora awhile ago and she never plays with them. I might have given them to her when she was too little, but she still doesn't play with them. Bummer. Little Bella is so cute. She has such a sweet face. I'm glad she still loves dolls too. I wish we lived closer! I know Cora would play with her dolls more is she had someone to play them with! What is a Nike Fuel band? How awesome to have a weekend getaway! Can't wait to hear about it!

Solviej said...

Happy Birthday to Bella and Garrett too! What a lot of birthdays to celebrate. You really know how to have a good time out there :)

tiffany said...

You guys always go all out for the birthdays! Looks like it was a great time! I've never heard of oatmeal cake...sounds good/interesting. Bella is adorable! I was so sad when Karlie outgrew playing with the baby dolls.