Am I really old enough to have a 13 year old? I still can't believe that she is that old. It's crazy to think that much time has passed since she was this age:
She's 1 1/2 here. Wow! Such a cutie then and has turned into a beautiful young lady. I couldn't be more proud of her!
She didn't want a party this year, or even to go hang out with friends. All she wanted to do was eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory for her birthday dinner and go see a movie with Garrett.
I wanted to make it special since it is such a big milestone, but I didn't do very much. This is the day before her birthday--Paige had made a birthday banner for her bedroom wall.
I made some signs and a banner and bought these huge # 1 and #3 balloons. They were the biggest number balloons I've ever seen! I thought they were fun, though. Garrett made her pancakes for breakfast and we sang "Happy Birthday" before she ran out the door for school. Our plan was to have Garrett pull her out of school early as a surprise and take her to see "The Host" (which is what she wanted to see). But, at breakfast, she told us she had a math test during the last part of the day. Anyone that knows Maggie knows that she takes school very seriously and wouldn't want to miss out on a test. So, he took her out another day.
Her banner
So excited to be eating her favorite dish at her favorite restaurant!
Grandma Georgia and Maggie
The Fam
the rest of the fam
Later that night opening her presents.
Opening her first gift. Since she was officially entering the difficult teenage years, I thought it would be a good idea to contact her aunts, uncles, grandparents, teachers, people in the ward she really looks up to and ask them to send her any advice for her in navigating the upcoming years. I got back responses from most of the people that I asked, and I was so touched by the things that they wrote to her. I think it is such a treasure and I hope she reads it often and takes it all to heart.
And, her dad spoiled her by getting her a mini ipad. I thought it was a bit much...we had talked about getting her a kindle, but he thought this would be better.
Some things about Maggie:
She is now officially 1/4 inch taller than I am. What?!?
She likes to wear my clothes now. Oh boy!
She loves Phantom of the Opera and all sorts of music.
She loves playing basketball and soccer.
She is still a big reader and is constantly looking for new books to read.
Her favorite book series is "Tiger's Curse".
She has a crush on Ricky Nelson. I love that she knows who Ricky Nelson is! :)
She is an awesome student and works hard for her good grades.
She is serving as the 1st Counselor in the Beehive presidency
Her favorite movie is Tangled.
She wants to get involved in student leadership next year.
She wants to be a teacher when she grows up.
Her favorite apostle is Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
She is a really great piano player, but I'm still trying to convince her of that.
She is a kind hearted person and loves to help fix her sister's hair and pick out their clothes. She is a great babysitter and she has a strong testimony of the gospel. We love her so much!
Maggie's Annual Birthday Questionnaire:
1. Favorite color: purple
2. Favorite dessert: ice cream
3. What is your favorite thing for dinner? Spinach Tortellini Alfredo (from Old Spaghetti Factory)
4. Do you collect anything? no
5. What is your favorite movie? Tangled
6. Who are your best friends? Hailey Owens, Emma Lloyd, Alex Ake
7. What do you love about yourself? I like my height, hair, eyes and personality
8. What is your favorite thing about school? learning
9. Who are your teachers? Mr. Thalman--language arts; Ms. Larsen--social studies; Mrs. Roby--science; Mrs. Love/Nelson--ELA; Mr. Kivett--PE; Mrs. Hess--Math
10. what is your favorite thing to do with your mom? shopping
11. What is your favorite thing to do with your dad? joke
12. If you had a day alone with mom and dad, what would you do? shopping or action movie
13. What is something funny that mom or dad say? dad--half "beeped"
14. What is the best thing you have learned this year? lots of stuff
15. What makes you most proud? good grades/good reports
16. what makes you happy? reading/basketball/soccer
17. What makes you laugh or smile? funny stuff
18. what makes you sad? bad people
19. Where would you like to go on vacation this year? Disney world
20. what are some of your wishes for this year? good grades/leadership/sports
21. what do you want to be when you grow up? teacher
22. Do you have a favorite scripture? what is it? 1 nephi 3:7
23. What do you like about being in YW's? friends
24. Who is your favorite apostle? Dieter F. Uchdorf
1. Favorite color: purple
2. Favorite dessert: ice cream
3. What is your favorite thing for dinner? Spinach Tortellini Alfredo (from Old Spaghetti Factory)
4. Do you collect anything? no
5. What is your favorite movie? Tangled
6. Who are your best friends? Hailey Owens, Emma Lloyd, Alex Ake
7. What do you love about yourself? I like my height, hair, eyes and personality
8. What is your favorite thing about school? learning
9. Who are your teachers? Mr. Thalman--language arts; Ms. Larsen--social studies; Mrs. Roby--science; Mrs. Love/Nelson--ELA; Mr. Kivett--PE; Mrs. Hess--Math
10. what is your favorite thing to do with your mom? shopping
11. What is your favorite thing to do with your dad? joke
12. If you had a day alone with mom and dad, what would you do? shopping or action movie
13. What is something funny that mom or dad say? dad--half "beeped"
14. What is the best thing you have learned this year? lots of stuff
15. What makes you most proud? good grades/good reports
16. what makes you happy? reading/basketball/soccer
17. What makes you laugh or smile? funny stuff
18. what makes you sad? bad people
19. Where would you like to go on vacation this year? Disney world
20. what are some of your wishes for this year? good grades/leadership/sports
21. what do you want to be when you grow up? teacher
22. Do you have a favorite scripture? what is it? 1 nephi 3:7
23. What do you like about being in YW's? friends
24. Who is your favorite apostle? Dieter F. Uchdorf

5 comments:
Sweet Maggie! Happy Birthday to you..looks like she had a great birthday. Oh boy, likes to wear your clothes - maybe you will have to start wearing some of hers, ha,ha. Fun birthday!
Love that she likes Ricky Nelson! Very good choice Maggie!
It really doesn't seem that long ago that she was that little! So cute. Lucky girl to get a mini iPad, how fun!! That is awesome that she loves Ricky Nelson. And I can't believe she's taller than you; that's crazy! Did they end up seeing The Host? Was it good? Looks like a good birthday!!
Happy Birthday Maggie! She was just a little stay puft when I first met her. I can't believe she's a teenager.
Maggie is such a good girl! I can't believe she has a crush on Ricky Nelson...so funny! Glad she had a nice birthday! What is her favorite dish at The Old Spaghetti Factory?
Post a Comment