Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentines Day

Valentines Day fell on a Tuesday this year. Tuesday is my busiest/worst day with preschool, ballet, basketball, and mutual. So, I didn't really do much to celebrate this year. I did want to let my family know how much I loved them though, so I did a few little things. The night before Valentines Day, I heart attacked their doors and wrote on each of their hearts things that I loved about them or things they were good at. I think they enjoyed reading them in the morning. I thought it was cute.
Maggie and Paige's Door
Noah's door
 They woke up to a little box of chocolate candy at their breakfast place
This is Noah enjoying one of the girls' Valentines suckers from their parties.  He had it everywhere.  Paige taught him to hold his hands up in the air and yell Suckers everytime he has a sucker.  He was a mess, but he loved it.
For dinner, I had Garrett pick up some heart shaped pizzas again (fast and easy baby) and I just added a green salad.  Garrett also brought roses home for each of his beautiful girls. 
We had heart shaped brownies with raspberry filling, vanilla icecream and fresh raspberries for dessert.  YUM!
I also wrote each person a LOVE letter that I hope they will appreciate some day.  And that was it.  Pretty low key for us, but nice just the same. 
The Saturday before Valentines Day, the Relief Society activity was a Valentines Dance at the church.  We almost didn't go because Maggie was sick and didn't feel like babysitting, but we helped her get Noah in bed and the other kids ready for bed, then went a little late.  It was a lot of fun with a lot of great people.  They had a guy in our ward who's from Hawaii teach a Hawaiian dance, and a lady in our ward from Russia teach some Russian dances.  One other thing that they did that was fun was have a "dance off" between the men and the women.  Each group would take turns coming up with a dance move, then they would walk/strut to the middle of the floor and all the guys would do that dance move and then they'd walk back to their side.  Then the women had to come up with a dance move that would top that move and so on.  It was hilarious.  The men were better by far, but it was fun.  Garrett didn't want to dance much that night, but I did get to dance a slow song with him.  We got the picture above taken there. 

4 comments:

JoAnnHansen said...

Looks to me like a VERY FUN Valentines Day!!! You said that you didn't do much, but I beg to differ - you did alot! Cute ideas for your family! Glad that you got to go to the "dance". Fun day!

Megan said...

Um, yeah, I'd say you did quite a bit! Those were cute ideas and your dessert looked heavenly!

tiffany said...

I agree with Mom and Megan....you did alot!! Very cute ideas as usual! Your dessert did look divine!! Would you like to share your recipe for your raspberry filled brownies?? :)

JoAnnHansen said...

I want the recipe too!