Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Paige turned 6, Rapunzel Style

Paige turned 6 on January 7th and since we didn't get home from Utah until the 3rd, there was no way I was going to be able to pull off a birthday party for that weekend. So, we had her party on the following Saturday, the 15th. She's been wanting a Rapunzel party ever since she saw the first preview for Tangled, even though at that point, she hadn't seen the movie. It was such a cute movie though, that I thought it would be a fun party theme.

We had a little family celebration on the 7th and took her out to eat at Sweet Tomatoes and opened gifts after.

She got an outfit, some candy, 3 books, 2 Easy Bake cookie/cake mixes and...
...a Barbie Cruise Ship. This kid eats, sleeps and lives Barbie! She loved it!
This was the day of her friend party...
Nicole, Paige, Avery and Ella making tiaras
I found these long haired "wigs" at the dollar store and thought the girls might like to wear them as "Rapunzel" hair, but only Paige, Brooke, Bella and Noah wore them.
The Birthday Girl
Ella, Bella, Avery, Paige, Lydia in back, Nicole and Brooke
playing pin the braid on Rapunzel...Paige was way off!
Brooke was pretty close
Hayden didn't quite make it.
Playing "Tangled" Memory
They all got a kick out of this game. I read a Tangled Book that Paige got from her birthday and every time I said "Rapunzel", they had to pass a present around the circle. The one holding it at the end of the story got to open the gift. Bella especially liked this one and giggled and laughed everytime I said Rapunzel.

Opening gifts

Hayden, Paige, Nicole, Brooke, Avery and Ella
The Rapunzel Tower
Happy Birthday Paige!

3 comments:

tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Paige! Cute party as usual!! That barbie cruise ship is cool!

Megan said...

That looked like a fun party! Loved the cake! I still haven't seen Tangled, but everyone says how good it is.

Megan said...

Great Party!Starting to cruise early! Fun cake and games! Mom