Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Her SPECIAL Day

Since we were going to be in Utah with family and since Lydia had just turned 8, she decided that she wanted to get baptized in Utah with all her family around her. Luckily, in the end it worked out really well and it was a really special day for her. The stake coordinator (Sister White) was a really nice lady who did a fabulous job at getting everything ready.

The only hiccup we had was that we were scrambling to find an outfit for Lydia to get baptized in. I guess it said in the letter that Sister White had sent us, was that WE were supposed to bring an outfit with us, and I must have just skimmed the letter and not really paid a lot of attention to that part. In the end, I ended up buying a jump suit at the Distribution Center as a back-up because Sister White was looking for a dress. She did find a small temple dress, but Lydia didn't want a dress, so she chose to wear the jumper. We really thought that, this being Utah, they would have had plenty of different sizes of clothes to be baptized in that belonged to the Stake. We were wrong.

Lydia was able to be baptized on January 1st, 2011 (1/1/11) at 10 am. How's that for a fresh start and a new beginning? I was so impressed with how organized everything was, how smoothly everything ran and how welcome they made us, and especially Lydia, feel. I had already started crying at the opening song...the spirit was really strong and I knew how important Lydia getting baptized was. I hope she felt the same thing. It was really neat to have all my family there. All of my siblings and their families (minus one sister--who had to leave to go to her in-laws house and my sister-in-law, who had just gotten home from the hospital with her little girl) and my parents, and one of my cousins came.

Thanks for all the support guys!!
Lydia and Garrett pre-baptism
Look how cute she is!
The family
A closer view
My family
Lydia and Grandma and Grandpa Hansen

I love this one!
Freezing cold out in the snow!

We went out to eat lunch at Costa Vida afterwards.
Grandma made Lydia a chocolate cake as a special treat!

3 comments:

Megan said...

We were really happy that we could be there for Lydia's baptism! It was a fun, special day. Anytime we talk about baptism, Colin mentions Lydia's baptism so I'm glad he was able to be there too!

tiffany said...

She is such a cutie...glad we could be there with her on her special day!

kate n. said...

awesome!!