When we went to my parents house this past summer, my mom showed me a quilt that she had made called a wrapping paper quilt. It was so cute, that I really wanted to make one. So while we were there, I found a ton of CUTE cowboy material. Utah has the best quilt/fabric stores! We had so much fun at each store we went to. Maggie also loves to sew, and wanted to try to make one for her room, so she picked out some horse material because she loves horses. So, I barely got it started before it was time to leave. I worked on it here only one day (in November, I think), but then never got a chance to work on it again until we went back to my mom and dad's house after Christmas. I got some done there and my mom helped Maggie quite a bit on hers. Maggie and I have been working on them here ever since and we finally finished this past week. Whew!! I love it when I actually FINISH a project. It was so much fun to make and we both love the finished products. Here are some pictures:
Thanks mom for all of your help!!




8 comments:
Those are so cool. You are so talented.
I love them both.
They are both adorable! I'm really impressed with Maggie. Has Maggie ever had horse riding lessons? You should since she loves horses so much. I just had my first lesson on Saturday and it was way fun. Anyway, good work on the quilts! It is nice to finish a project.
WAY TO GO GIRLS!!! I'm so impressed with your quilts!!! They turned out SO CUTE!!! I'm very excited about them, and I'll bet you are too!!! You did a great job!
They are absolutely adorable! How fun for you and Maggie to work on some things together, that you both enjoy! What are you doing with the one you made? Yes, you should get Maggie in riding lessons! Karlie loved it when she did it. She was around 8 I think when she took them. How fun Smegs....didn't know you were doing that!
I didn't know you were doing that either, Megs. We told her she could take lessons this spring...which is coming up soon. She asks us all the time about taking lessons. How often is your class Megs?
Well I just started, but I want to go once a week, every Saturday if I can. It's fun! Maggie will love it.
Well not to be outdone here, I too am very impressed, Mindy I know you are very talented when it comes to sewing but Maggie--that is terrific. As soon as I get my horses, we can ride every day your are at grandpa's and grandma's house. I'll bet I have a line waiting to get on when everyone is here. Can't wait!
Post a Comment