I tried to talk her into going to Chuck E. Cheese or Build-a-Bear to keep it easy on my part, but I could tell that she really didn't want that. So, I psyched myself up to create a theme party with games and activities and the perfect cake! Once we decided on the theme, (The Princess and the Frog) the rest easily came into place. I didn't plan as many games and I didn't get too carried away with things like I usually do. Garrett even commented this morning how calm I was before the party...I guess I'm a little uptight before the parties, trying to get everything done. Anyways, we had a good time! Only 3 of the 5 friends she invited could come, so we missed the other two, but when you add my other girls to the mix, there were quite a few of us!! :)
We decorated some paper picture frames with stickers and foamies and jewels. Then we printed off a picture of each girl with Paige that I took when they first arrived, and attached it to the frame.



Then, we had a lilypad relay race where the girls dressed up in princess dresses and then hopped like frogs across lily pads.



Our last game was called, "Kiss the Frog". (Pretty much just "Pin the lips on the frog".) It was cute though. Before the party, Bella would carry around the frog poster, kissing it. What a character.








7 comments:
Very cute, Mindy Sue! I don't know where you get your creativity or energy to do it all. That's too funny that Paige hasn't even seen that movie and yet wanted it to be the theme of her movie! Cute!
How adorable!! You know you should start a business! You always do such a great job at these parties!! Love the cupcakes and the "kiss the frog game"! Paige looks adorable in her crown! That was really a cute movie, we saw it over Christmas!
Oh Mindy you are great! Micah is having a friend birthday this year and I'm so afraid!
I love seeing Maggie and Lydia wearing their scarfs. I wish I more time to knit.
It looks like a very fun Party!
So glad that you didn't get too stressed over it all. It looks like Paige had a great time! I can tell from the pictures how excited she was. She looks so cute, love her brown dress! Happy Birthday!
I love the frog kissing game - how cute!
Yeah, I'm trying to decide if I want to brave a friend party for Colin this year. It scares me too! Paige's party looked like lots of fun. You do good work!
Your daughters are lucky to have a mom so creative. It looks like they had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment