Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Paige's preschool had a field trip to Lake View Farms last Friday. Since the other girls had school off that day, they came with us. I've never taken all the kids to the pumpkin patch by myself before--Garrett usually comes. But, he had to work. It sure was difficult without him. It was fun, but it was raining half the time we were there, which kind of makes things a little bit harder. Plus, I really do like Lake view farms, but we go there EVERY year and I'm really kind of sick of it. I was hoping to get to a different patch this year, but it just didn't work out.

Lyd and Paige on the boat

So, we took the boat ride out and then started to make our way through the muddy patch and try to find a small enough pumpkins that the girls could carry themselves, since I was already carrying Bella (who did NOT want to get down).
Bella not wanting to be set down, and not wanting her picture taken.
I was really kind of disappointed because MOST of their pumpkins were already rotting and we really had to HUNT to find decent pumpkins. We brought grocery sacks to carry the pumpkins in and Lydia and Maggie were so great to help me carry all the pumpkins. It finally stopped raining and we were able to go and play on the hay piles and go through the maze.
It was so cute--Paige came running over to Bella to hold her hand and walk her over to the hay maze.
Trying to find their way out.
Bella found a short cut!
We rode the train back and Bella liked that. That is until I got out to take a picture and she thought I was leaving her and she started bawling. Poor thing!




All in all, it was a success. We found some pumpkins, and the kids have a great time, no matter what.    

3 comments:

tiffany said...

Hey Mind, Yeah, I know what you mean about being tired of the same stuff every year. I'm there as well. I still love the hayride at Headless Horseman, but everything else is pretty boring. Same thing with our pumpkin patch, but I don't want to go buy our pumpkins at the store; that would be boring. I don't know of any others around to go to, though. But, like you said....the kids always have fun!

kate n. said...

We went there the Monday before and still had a hard time finding pumpkins that weren't rotten! I guess all this rain will do that...
But hey, tradition is tradition, right?
I think next year I'm just taking the youngest two...

Megan said...

That first picture of Bella crying is soo cute! It looks like a fun place even though you're tired of it. And I'm glad you found some pumpkins!