For family home evening the other night, Garrett gave a great lesson on Jesus Christ coming to the Americas. He always does such a great job on the lessons, even on short notice. Anyways, it was my turn to come up with an activity, and so I wanted to play this game that we had when we were growing up that we used to play a lot at family reunions and such. I remember it was always really funny! (by the way, this has nothing to do with Garrett's lesson--just wanted to introduce why we were playing this game).
So, the game is called Funny Bones and they don't make it anymore (it was made in 1968), so I went to ebay and actually found a few used copies for sale and bought one. I had wanted to take it to my family reunion in August, but it didn't arrive in time. So we played it for the first time at FHE. My girls weren't too sure about it, but in the end they were all giggling. Here's a description of the game:
So, the game is called Funny Bones and they don't make it anymore (it was made in 1968), so I went to ebay and actually found a few used copies for sale and bought one. I had wanted to take it to my family reunion in August, but it didn't arrive in time. So we played it for the first time at FHE. My girls weren't too sure about it, but in the end they were all giggling. Here's a description of the game:
Similar to Twister except that instead of a mat, you use labeled oversized cards which "join" partners' elbows, heads, legs, or feet. Partners take turns drawing cards which identify the body parts to join and the partners must do so without causing existing cards to drop. The card must be kept between the two body parts at all times. If a card is allowed to fall, the partners are eliminated.

So, here we are playing Funny Bones:



Good times!

3 comments:
Too cute, glad you got to play and have fun! By the way, Mind,you are looking way good!! You look even skinnier than in August! You must still be working out, huh! Kudos to you, it's really paid off!
So fun to see you all playing that Funny Bones game...glad that you found one..I don't know where mine is!
That is fabulous! It totally takes me back. I loved playing that game. Maybe I should look for a copy so my kids can play when they're older. And yes, you are looking really good. I noticed that in your Halloween picture. You're pretending to be pregnant, but you look sooo skinny! Good work Mind!
Post a Comment