Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Last days in Castine, Maine

August 6

Today wasn't very eventful. Most of us just hung out at the house since we had just driven to Bar Harbor the day before (1 1/2 hrs away) and didn't want to drive again. Charee and Tiffany and Tiff's daughter, Karlie drove to Arcadia National Park to have lunch at a place called The Jordan Pond House... it's a restaurant found in the park with a view of the famous Jordan Pond. Along with lunch and dinner, they also serve tea and popovers on the lawn. Sounded fun and from the pictures, it looks like a beautiful place. There's also a trail to hike and a place to pick fresh blueberries.


Bella and Cora--about 6 months apart
Hanging out at the house
Dad, me and Tad working on "The Puzzle" (Sadly, it never got finished)
Karlie, Charee and Tiffany enjoying lunch at Jordan Pond House
The rest of us went and had lunch down on the docks...
My girls


August 7
This was our last day in the house and in Castine. We all split up and did different things. Half of us went to Bar Harbor to go shopping and to lunch. The other half (including us--minus Maggie)stayed at the house and then took our kids to the park and out for icecream. I really wanted to go shopping in Bar Harbor, but Garrett had no desire to go and I didn't want to leave him. Plus, I had to get some laundry done because we weren't going straight home...we had a few more days in Boston, so we needed some clean clothes. I don't have any pictures of the group that went shopping, but here are some from the park. At the park, there was a trail that led down to the water. So we went down there and threw rocks in the water.

Tad, Cora, Megan and me

Steve, Colin and Garrett
Colin "throwing" a rock--so cute
Steve and the boys--Colin, Grant and Micah
Garrett making Micah laugh on the swings
Colin and Steve

Mailei pushing her mommy Solviej on the swing
After the park, we stopped at a place to get icecream and behind the icecream shop was a grassy area with picnic benches, so you could sit and eat your icecream while looking out on the water. It was really pretty. There was a little hill that led down to the picnic tables. They also had a lot of toys for kids to play on--including big wheels. I sure wish I had a picture or a video of it, but my brother--he's so funny; he got on a bigwheel and was racing his son, Micah and our nephew, Grant down the hill. It was so funny. I'll have to see if they have a picture that I can post. It was hilarious!
Later that night after everyone got back, we headed down to the dock for dinner one last time.
View from the dock
Maggie and her cousin, Karlie
Grant, John, Brooks, Charee, Paul and Emily
Micah and Tad
Tiffany and me

No comments: