Friday, August 21, 2009

Pictures, Guns and Campfires

Wednesday 8th

This morning we had a professional photographer come out to the ranch to take a big family group picture. It had been about ten years since our last family group picture. I was barely pregnant with Maggie when it was taken, so it was time! The backdrop was absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad we were able to have them taken there. The picture at the top of our blog with garrett and the girls was taken that morning, with our own camera. Thought I'd post these of the 3 oldest that we took ourselves...such cute girls. Bella was ready to be done and did not want to participate in any more pictures. :)



We just hung around the house for the rest of the day. Garrett brought out his many guns and all of the guys and a few of us girls went shooting.
Bella and Garrett watching people shoot. No, she's not sleeping, her eyes just happened to be closed.
Mindy shooting
Garrett helping me shoot one of his pistols.
Georgia
Jacob and Meggin
Georgia, Jim, Alex and Garrett
Jim shooting Garrett's new machine gun
Alex, too.
Aunt Tanya took Paige and Hannah for a ride on the four wheeler.
That night after dinner, we had a campfire, made s'mores, told a few not-so-scary ghost stories and sang songs while Josh played his guitar. Jim broke out into the blues, which was quite entertaining.

Maggie, Devon, Alex, Sydney, Jacob

Jim, Georgia, Tanya and Josh
Maggie plugging her ears during one of the "scary" stories. My girls get frightened easily! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom thank you for posting that picture.:) I didn't know you shot a gun!

tiffany said...

All I could think of when seeing the photo of you shooting the guns, was, "Nice shootin', Tex"!!! And, I really mean that! You look like a natural...looks fun! I remember shooting cans off the fence with a bb gun behind Tysha's house. That was fun, I had pretty good aim, if I do say so myself!

JoAnnHansen said...

Hey Mindy,
So fun to see all of the pictures of your Idaho trip. It looks like you had a wonderful time!! Beautiful setting!
Keep the fun coming!
Love,
Mom

Megan said...

Yeah, I loved the one of you shooting a gun. I want to try someday. I can't believe Garrett has a machine gun! Did you try that one? Looks like a fun vacation.

gmckibbe said...

Ya, I did shoot the machine gun. I don't have very good aim, but aftr awhile, I held it down at my hip and shot it "gangster style". That was a lot funner!

Tonya said...

Great pics of the girls. I love outdoor pictures.

Tonya said...

P.S. Look at that pistol packing mama..LOL