Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lydia can read!

Lydia has had a great year in kindergarten. We love her teacher, Mrs. Bayley--she is so good with her students--very organized, gets involved with them and has fun ideas. Lydia loves going to school and has learned a ton! She can read books now--pretty basic books, but is very proud when she can get through a book on her own. I filmed her reading one of her library books to document it! It's a longer video, but I wanted to film her reading the whole book. We're very proud of her!

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Way to go Lydia!! We love Mrs. Bayley too. I'm so glad they are in the same class.

You'll have to show me how to post your videos.

tiffany said...

That is great Lydia! You're such a smart girl and that is a great accomplishment...keep reading!

kate n. said...

It is the sweetest thing when your child can piece sounds together to make words and sentences! My hope is for my children to love books because it opens a huge world for them.

Also, I remember the song "Pop Goes my Heart" on your playlist! It's a vague memory and I can't put it all together... is it from the 80's? was it in a movie?

gmckibbe said...

Kate, "Pop goes my heart" is actually from the movie "Music and Lyrics"--one of my favorites. I think it was new for the movie--definitely an 80's sound, though.

JoAnnHansen said...

Yeah Lydia! What a great job!
I'm so proud of you! You are really growing up fast! I miss you!