Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break

This past week was Spring Break. I wish it had felt a little more "springy" outside. It was nice to be able to relax around the house though. We didn't do a ton of stuff. Monday we came back from camping; Tuesday we hung out at the house and Maggie went to her sewing class; Wednesday we went to the library and Target; Thursday we went to Deseret Book, out to eat at Chevy's and the mall. Friday Garrett took the day off and we took them to Out of this World Pizza. It's kind of like a Chuck E. Cheese's without the arcade games. This place had mostly tunnels, slides, jump house type things a rock wall and some of those wiggle cars to ride. They even had a little baby section. The kids loved it and had a blast. Paige, who takes a while to get into anything loved it too. Here's a few pictures from that:







I also just wanted to post a few random pictures, too. The girls dressed Bella up one day so that she was the Queen.



This is Bella playing the piano. Maybe she'll end up being the pianist in the family :)
Bella recently started holding her own cup to drink from! Yay! She also said her first word the other day--it was No! Not so yay! But it was really cute--I had to laugh, so she said it again. She's pulling herself up to stand on just about anything that she can hang on to. She also started climbing up the stairs, so Garrett spent part of Saturday putting up gates.
My baby is growing up!

6 comments:

Tonya said...

That's so cool that Bella said her first word. Blake's second word was No and I always thought it was because I said it to him all the time..LOL

We love Out of this world pizza. It's nice because it's big and not nearly as loud as chuck-e-cheese.

Lisa said...

The Queen - I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindy Sue--I love it! Cute, cute pictures of your girls! We didn't do anything for Spring Break besides M of A either. Now everybody's back at school and work--and they're all looking forward to summer!

tiffany said...

Fun post Mind! I love your new blog background also! You're so lucky to live where you live...I can't get Brooks to move--I've tried!

Lisa said...

Talk about lazy...I don't have your email right here so I'm responding to your post on my blog, on your blog!

Anyway, it was so easy...

Terra-cotta pots 3/$1 at the dollar store. Then I just painted them white and pink at the top.

I was going to use styrofoam eggs from Joanns until Alice saw the ones on a stick in the Easter section. They have a huge selection and after the 50% off sale they were .99 each. The grass was cheap, then I just put some green floral foam at the bottom.

Piece of cake! And you know how crafty I am (NOT!!!)

Meggin & Jacob said...

Bella already makes a very regal Queen-she even has the prim expression down (in the 1st photo)! Once again, got a hearty laugh at how darn cute she is! Your girls really dressed her up good-they're so creative!
Yeah-looks like we're REALLY going to move! But when I think about all the work its going to take, I just want to curl up into a ball and suck my thumb! Help me, mommy!