
This was the first year that I've ever done anything for my kids to work on during General Conference. I made folders for them with pictures of various topics inside for them to color while listening. I also copied and cut up little pictures of all the apostles and first presidency. As they were listening, they were supposed to glue the picture onto the topic page that the apostle was speaking on. Maggie's really the only one who did that. They all colored the packets and did a semi-good job of listening. But, hey...they're kids and I know they can't sit still and listen to all four hours of conference. On the last session, we played conference Bingo that Lydia had gotten from her primary teachers the week before. That was kind of fun, too. I'm glad I tried something this year...there are so many fun packets and activities related to conference out there...so I can't really say that there wasn't anything to do. It was a good conference and my favorite talk was Elder Holland's by far! His message was amazing and I was so moved by his emotions!

On another topic...Tuesday morning we were downstairs eating breakfast before the girls left for school when we kept hearing noises coming from what sounded like our cupboard above our microwave. Something was definitely moving around and we could hear animal noises. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how a squirrel (which is what it sounded like) got into our cupboard. After Garrett investigated a little more, we figured out that birds were flying into our vent that connects to the microwave and were building a nest inside. We thought one might be stuck in the vent. But we had somebody from "Critter Control" come and take care of it. He said he found a nest in the vent after he scared away the birds. He showed me a picture of it and it didn't look too big, but he said it filled half a trashbag. So, he taped the vent shut and will come back to put a screen over the top in a couple of days. I was pretty worried at first thinking it might be a mouse or a squirrel stuck in our walls. That would not have been fun.
3 comments:
Elder Holland was my favortie talk too. We did the same thing in recording some and watching some. I did some basking in the sun myself. I just wish it would have been this weekend to make the Easter egg hunts a little less soggy.
Glad you had such a nice weekend! We're having fun here in Pa, but it's pretty cold....I'm just hoping it doesn't rain tomorrow like it calls for. We're supposed to go to DC and see the cherry blossoms. I don't want to do that in the rain. Today we're going to Gettysburg. I'm excited to see such a historic place!
Sounds like you had a great weekend! We are still having spring storms and al little snow and rain! It will be nice to have some nice weather! Great pictures of the kids!
Post a Comment