Family Halloween Party
Friday October 30th
"Legends Of Sleepy Hollow"
The invitations I made for our party.
I really wanted to have a Halloween Party with a "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" theme. (The Disney cartoon one of course). We watched that show every year at Halloween growing up and we still do. It's one of my favorites!
My mother-in-law has offered her barn for us to use for a party ever since she moved there. This was the year I took her up on her offer. I thought it would go well with the theme. I had gone over there the day before to decorate and set up all the games. Jim, Georgia and Savann were really sweet and helped me a lot!
Costumes
I really wanted to have a Halloween Party with a "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" theme. (The Disney cartoon one of course). We watched that show every year at Halloween growing up and we still do. It's one of my favorites!
My mother-in-law has offered her barn for us to use for a party ever since she moved there. This was the year I took her up on her offer. I thought it would go well with the theme. I had gone over there the day before to decorate and set up all the games. Jim, Georgia and Savann were really sweet and helped me a lot!
Costumes
We played our costume game and got all dressed up at home before we headed over to the barn.
Opening their sacks.
Their fabulous costumes:
Paige the clown
Private McKibben
love the salute!
Bella the pirate
Trying to look tough, but she's too cute
Maggie was Lucy from Despicable Me 2.
"Lipstick Taser!!"
Sons of Anarchy and Mrs. Peacock. I really don't like the way the earrings looked--I wish I would've taken them off! Garrett looks awesome as usual!
Cave woman Lydia
And as soon as we got to the barn, we took more pictures!
Savann as a 20's flapper, Georgia the witch and Jim....not sure what he was!
He is such a character--I sure do love him!!
Showing off some of his tattooes
The Decorations
I didn't want typical Halloween decorations, but decorations that had to do with the show. Owls, ravens, lanterns, pumpkins, cat tails, graveyards, etc. I think it turned out really well.
I typed up some quotes from the songs and put them out. I personally loved those, but not quite sure if anyone else noticed or cared.
The main area was used for the dinner table.
One of my ravens in one of Georgia's old bird cages.
I love how the cornstalks look.
Georgia had these bright orange pillows up in the bunk house and we brought them down so people could sit there.
Another quote from one of the songs
I made this sign to welcome everyone to the barn...it was supposed to be outside, but of course it was raining...
The Dinner
The Table Setting
I found this awesome idea to have pictures of Halloween characters under a glass plate with a charger behind it. I thought it looked SO cool! So, I found pictures online and printed them out. I had glass plates at one time, but I guess I gave them away. So, I went to goodwill and luckily found some--even if they didn't all match.
They have an owl that actually lives in the barn. Since I decorated a day early, I didn't want anything to get on the plates, so I flipped the glass plates over. I really like how the table turned out.
The Menu
I wanted to have foods that the characters ate on the show...chicken, salad, eggs, cake, pie, etc. I was able to have some of that, but it also needed to be fairly easy to make and something that the kids would eat. I asked Georgia and Savann to help me prepare the food since we were eating at their place. Plus I thought it would be easier to keep the food warm there.
This is the menu I came up with:
(I also tried to keep the names of the food relating to Sleepy Hollow)
Graveyard weeds: green salad
Full Moon: Mini pumpkin pies
Owl Droppings: Olives
Brom's Treat: root beer in a keg!
(I loved that I found the keg cups--even if they are super cheap)
Headless Horseman's Head: Mini pizza's with faces
Croaking Frogs: Deviled Eggs (It's kind of a stretch, I know)
(they were supposed to be green, but I forgot to put the green dye in)
I didn't get a picture of the food individually, but I took this picture of my plate before I started eating.
Filling out their menus
Eating while we served the food. Garrett helped me serve since there were more people than usual.
I'll post about the games next!
1 comment:
Aaaaaah, I LOVE it all!! So jealous about the barn. I would love to do that. How fun! Your decorations are fantastic! They really look so good! I love the quotes too if no one else cared. :). And I love the plates. I saw someone do that with the classic monsters and I had wanted k do it, but didn't have any glass plates. Why didn't I think of Goodwill?? I'm definitely going to have to do that one day. And I'm definitely going to do a Sleepy Hollow theme one day too. Great job on it all!! And I like your earrings!
Post a Comment