Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Programs and Parties

Dec.8th
Garrett's parents already had plans to spend Christmas in Alaska before they ever moved out here.  So, before they left, we went to their house to exchange Christmas gifts. 
They got Noah this cute little school bus.  He loves buses, so it was perfect. 
They got each of the girls scarves.  They are so cute and they love wearing them. 
Maggie's is kind of hard to see.  It's a really pretty dark blue with silver specks. 

Right after that, we headed over to our ward Christmas Party.  Our music coordinator rounded up all people who now or used to play an instrument and formed a ward orchestra.  I thought it was extremely cool.  They weren't perfect by any means, but I really enjoyed it. 
The primary kids sang a couple of songs, too.  Paige and Bella are in front, but Lydia was way over on the other side.  They also had dinner and more musical performances. 
They had Santa there too, but Paige was the only one that wanted to sit on his lap. 
Noah didn't want anything to do with him. 
At least I got Bella and Lydia to stand by him.  Maggie was too "old" for Santa. 

Dec. 14th

Bella had her preschool Christmas Program.  She was an angel.  She was so darn cute!
She got to come down to where they had baby Jesus laying and hold the star up over him while they sang "Away in a Manger"
Singing more songs. 
She was very excited about singing all the songs.  Any time she would hear one of the Christmas songs that they were learning on the radio or at home, she'd say, "Hey, we're singing that at my preschool!"
Santa came at the end and gave them each a candy cane. 
My sweet angel
This was the dress she wore under her "costume"
After the program, they had cookies to eat. 
Dec. 16th
In years past, my girls have put on Christmas programs all on their own.  They make up dances, sing songs and sometimes play the piano.  This year, it was Paige and Bella who did a program.  (Lydia just wanted her picture taken.) :)  They decided to make it part of our Family Home Evening. 
 Oh and dressing up in fancy dresses is a must!  They sang about 5 or 6 songs. 
Taking their curtsies.
 For the other part of our family night, Garrett taught us how to make snowflakes and we got to have hot cocoa.  It was quite fun. 
Showing off their work.
Getting warm by the fire.

Dec. 18th
We actually got a little bit of snow!  It snowed off and on for one day, but nothing really stuck. 
These are all the snowflakes that we made. 
I took another picture at night--you can see them a lot better. 

6 comments:

Tonya said...

I love the snowflakes :)

Megan said...

Those are pretty scarves. I love the picture of Noah trying to get away from Santa and Paige has an expression of "what's wrong with everyone, this is no big deal". What's up with Santa's "short pants"? It's hilarious! Bella looks SO cute as an angel in her program! She's such a doll. I'm jealous you got some snow even if it didn't stick. It looked pretty. I love your snowflakes. I think I'll wait until my kids are older until I try those otherwise I'll be doing all if them by myself!

gmckibbe said...

oh that is hilarious about the short pants. I didn't even notice them until I read your comment.

Megan said...

Yeah, the pants are funny, but right when I saw the picture, in my mind I heard Eddie saying the word short-pants!! :). Thought it was perfect!

JoAnnHansen said...

What a fun post! Glad you got to share some Christmas with Garretts
folks, love the girls scarves!
Bella was adorable as an angel. Your ward party lookded fun. I guess Garrett will have to teach me to make snow-flakes. I don't know how. Very fun! I see the stockings were hung on the mantle -what else did you put up?

tiffany said...

Bella did look so adorable as an angel! She is a little angel! Now I have to go back and look at Santa's "short pants"! LOL!