I've been trying to blog about Christmas for a couple of weeks now, and I've had some problems with blogger. I haven't had a lot of time to try to figure it out, so I finally asked Garrett to help me. And thanks to him, he helped me figure it out. So, now that I'm behind again, I will try my best to catch up. :)
We had a great Christmas this year. It's hard to believe that it has already come and gone. We didn't do anything too exciting on Christmas Eve Day. We cleaned up the house mostly and then made cookies for Santa. We kept debating whether or not to have our big Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Finally around 4, we decided to make it that day. Luckily, it didn't take very long to pull together.
I found these cute reindeer cookies on pinterest and thought we'd try them this year. Of course they didn't turn out as well/as cute as the ones on pinterest, but they still tasted good.
Noah being silly with his oranges. The only way that my kids eat oranges is by sucking out all of the juice and then spitting out the rest. Oh well, at least they are eating part of it.
Our Christmas Eve Dinner
Ready to open Christmas Jammies from Grandma and Grandpa Hansen
Thanks for the jammies grandma and grandpa!
Our pretty tree with our train
We read about the birth of Jesus and watched some videos about it and then Garrett read "Twas the Night Before Christmas". We didn't act out the nativity this year. We were running out of time.
This is our new mantel with our stockings and some Christmas decorations.
Christmas Morning
We always tell the kids that if they wake up before 7am, then they have to stay in their rooms and read/play quietly until it's 7. No one is allowed to go downstairs until everyone is up and ready. Neither Garrett nor I are morning people. Thankfully, our kids sleep pretty well and usually don't get up before 7.
Checking out their stocking gifts
Noah using his new drill from his tool bench to work on his new car mat
December 26th
Maggie and Lydia both got bows and arrows for Christmas. They love them.
Lyd still trying to get the hang of hers.
Later that night we went to the zoo to see the Zoo lights.
Sorry the pictures are kind of hard to see. They were taken on our phones and it was pretty dark out.
December 27th
Still just hanging out and playing with new toys. That's what I love about Christmas vacation. We don't have to go anywhere or do anything. We just hang out, play games, do puzzles, etc.
This is Garrett and Noah putting together Garrett's new work bench. Noah was having a blast with his new tools. He loves working with his daddy.
Giving high fives
I was able to start working on a Christmas quilt that my mom, sister and I had gathered material for while we were in Utah this summer. I still have about half way to go, but it was fun working on it.
2 comments:
Looks like a great Christmas! Your reindeer cookies turned out cute and didn't you just love having a mantel this year to hang your stockings? How do you like Noah's work bench? I'm thinking if getting Emmett one for his birthday since he loves the Handy Manny tools we have, but there are so many to choose from so I wanted to hear how you like that one. How cool that the girls got bows and arrows!!! Such a great gift! Have you shot them yet? Good work on your quilt! Glad you got blogger working so you could post!
What a lovely Christmas!! Did you used to not have a mantel? The reindeer cookies did turn out cute! Glad they were yummy as well. Your Christmas Eve dinner looks exactly like mine. Although we didn't have the raw veggies and dip. Cream cheese potatoes, ham, green bean casserole and rolls! Ha..too funny!
Post a Comment