Monday, December 3, 2012

Lydia's Limo Ride

Every year the elementary school has a fundraiser, which I dread because I don't want my kids going door to door trying to sell things, and I certainly don't want to waste money on silly things.  But, last year, I think, they somehow came up with a prize that all the kids want to earn.  If you sell so many items, (I don't know how many it was last year, but this year it was 18) then you win a limo ride to a pizza place for lunch and back again.  During school hours.  Of course my kids all wanted to win it last year, but I was like, "Whatever" and wasn't very motivated to help them.  But this year, Lydia came home and said she was going to win the limo ride.  She was so excited about it and was willing to work hard for it.  So, she went to the neighbors houses (people that we know) and sold items to them and was brainstorming other people that she could go to.  I bought a couple of things that I felt weren't a waste and Garrett bought a few things as gifts.  Maggie even bought something with her own money to support Lydia.  She was still a few short.  So, we persuaded Garrett to take the catalog to work to see if he could sell anymore to co-workers.  We made it to 18 and Lydia got her limo ride.  She was so excited.  I was proud of her for working hard for something that she really wanted.  I went to the school on the day of the limo/lunch date to get pictures of her in the limo. 
 Waiting for the limo to arrive.  It took 3 groups of kids (about 16 in each group) to the pizza place. 
 She's so funny.  She had a great time and loved riding in the limo!

2 comments:

Megan said...

What a cool prize! You know, I've never been in a limo. Not once. Kind of sad, huh? Good work Lydia!!

tiffany said...

Good for Lydia!! She will get whatever she wants if she puts her mind to it, won't she?! I guess we all could if we put our minds to something!! She must have really wanted that! Glad she got to go and enjoyed it! She is so funny!