Monday, December 3, 2012

Lots of Company and Carving Pumpkins

The weekend before Halloween was quite busy for us.  Garrett's parents bought a place out in Yamhill and have been busy packing up their house in Ohio.  Garrett's sister Savann and her husband, Alex flew out to help them pack and load up the first moving truck (they left some of their stuff there).  Then, they took a week and drove it across the country.  Jim and Georgia flew in on Oct. 25th and Alex and Savann came on the 26th after numerous problems with the moving truck. 
My parents decided to come out and spend Halloween with us and they also flew in on the 25th.  At the time they decided to come, my in-laws moving plans weren't settled and so I didn't think that everyone would be there at the same time.  But, it turned out great with everyone there at the same time. 

On Friday (26th), Garrett took the day off and took the little kids over to his parents new house to help them clean, while I stayed at home with my parents so I could work on my Halloween party that we were having in a couple of days, and my dad could finish up his work for the week.  That night, we went out to Red Robin for dinner.  Alex and Savann made it to Cornelius late that night. 

Early the next morning, the guys went over to the new house to unload the moving truck and met up with men from my in-laws new ward that were there to help move with the moving in.  Luckily they said there were at least 10 men there and they got the job done fairly quickly.  The rest of us went over around 11 to help unpack/clean and more. 
This is my brother in law Alex.  He is such a saint.  He was setting up their bed and had all of the kids in there helping him.  He is so good with kids.  This is the only picture we have of working that day.  After we were done for the day, we went and got pizza at this place in Yamhill called Zippy's pizza.  They had some arcade games there and my kids had fun; with and without any money. 

Oct. 29th
I honestly don't think we did anything during the day.  I'm sure I was doing my normal thing, Garrett went back to work.  I can't remember that far back.  This is why I don't like getting behind on blogging because I can't remember details.  Which is one of the reasons why I like blogging, so I can record the details to look back on. 
Oh well. 
That night I know we carved pumpkins though.  Savann was nice and made us all dinner, so I didn't have to worry about that.  Pumpkin carving pictures:
 Garrett dangling pumpkin seeds over Noah.  I don't think Noah liked it. 
 My dad was nice enough to help Bella with her pumpkin.  She picked one of the designs out of those books that have so many details.  She had a really small pumpkin, too.  Poor dad. 
 I loved her stem.
 Trying to figure out if he wants to stick his hand in that guk.  He didn't. 
 Lyd had a great time, though.
 Uncle Alex was so nice and was helping Maggie with her math homework. 
 Noah wanted to carve that pumpkin so bad.  I held the lid for awhile and he went to town cutting it up with his little knife. 
Boys and their knives. 
The finished product

2 comments:

Megan said...

I don't think I realized Alex and Savann were the ones to drive the truck out. Good for them. Alex does seem like a saint! I'm glad it worked out with everyone being there at the same time. And I always love pumpkin carving pictures!!

tiffany said...

Good times! All your pumpkins look so cute on your porch!