Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Soccer Stars

Soccer started on August 30th and went through October 11th.  This year I had 4 super stars in soccer! I am so glad that they are out there trying new things and enjoying themselves. It's fun to watch each of them get more confident in their skills.  

Bella
 I was a bit worried after Bella's first practice.  She wouldn't let go of my hand and didn't want to participate at all.  So, I tried to do all the drills and warm-ups with her and Noah attached to me.  It was quite the sight.  At the second practice, she said she still didn't want to play.  But I told her that she couldn't quit until she had tried to kick the ball and do all of the drills.  So, she actually did try at the second practice and she had a good time.l  Thank heavens.  I didn't want to play with her each time!  :)
 This was the first game.  She didn't want to go in at all and wouldn't do anything.  She did get out on the field finally, but wouldn't touch the ball and mostly watched at a distance.  She eventually got better and by the last game was actually running after the ball and attempting to kick it. 
These were more practices and she really liked those. 
This was her team.  Their team name was the Lightning Kicks.  Her coach was coach Johnny and she had some friends from church on her team. (Ha-Nuel, Katie, Ji-Su and Ji-Uk)
(L to R) Assistant Coach (can't remember his name right now), Talmage, Bella, HaNuel, Eleanor, Coach Johnny, Katie, Ji-Su, Ji-Uk and Isaiah. 

Paige
 Paige was so much more assertive this year and really enjoyed herself.  After each game/practice, she'd come back red faced and out of breath.  She really gave it her all. 
 Warming up with her friend Brooke.
I love this picture, because it shows how Paige does everything--with a big smile on her face!
 I love to watch this girl kick--she puts her whole body into it! 
This was her team, but I don't know all of the kids names.  I spent most of my time watching Bella's team.  I do know that her coach's name was Mike and that her good friend Brooke is below Paige in the picture.  Their team name was the Frozen Roasted Marshmallows.  I have no idea where that name came from.  :)

Lydia
 Garrett was able to coach Lydia's team this year.  She loved it. 
 Lydia is goalie in this picture.  She either liked to play goalie or defender.  She was pretty good at it too.  She stopped quite a few balls.  One time though, Garrett made her be a forward and she didn't like that.  She was mad at him for the rest of the game. 
 Good action shot!
 Love this enthusiasm when they scored a goal!
This was Lydia's team.  They were the Blue Eagles.  The two kids on the left side were Garrett's "assistants".  I guess they were self-appointed assistants.  :)  Lydia had three friends on her team with her.  Blake, (top row, 3rd from left); Peng (right next to Lydia) and Taylor (bottom row 2nd from left). 

Maggie
 This will be Maggie's last year for this soccer.  It only goes through age 12.  But, she's liked it so much and gained enough confidence, that she joined her school soccer team this year.  She is really enjoying it and learning a lot.  For a couple of weeks, she had soccer 4 nights a week while the two soccers overlapped.  The school one ends on Nov. 14th. 
 She also likes to play defender, but not goalie. 
 I love this picture!
I think her team name was the Titans.  She's told me numerous times and I keep forgetting.  Her coach (I don't know his name) is from south America.  She had her best friend Emma on her team with her (standing next to her) and her other friend Kayla that lives down the street was also on her team (right below her holding the ball).
This was their last night of soccer.  They all had a good time and it was a great season!  Especially because it didn't rain on us once!  It was beautiful every evening!  Can't beat that!

2 comments:

Megan said...

You got some cute soccer pictures! I'm jealous that you got Bella to play and enjoy it. No such luck over here! I'm glad the girls had fun!

tiffany said...

Gotta love all those soccer games!! You did get some great pics! I love that one of Maggie! Such a cutie! That's funny that they all like to be defenders and goalie! Grant likes those positions best too! Hayden is a defender as well! (Center back)