Thursday, November 22, 2012

1st half of October

 These are pictures of us watching General Conference.  The kids are working on packets that I printed off for them.  Lots of cutting and coloring...anything to keep them busy so we can listen. 
 Paige is matching pictures of the Apostles so she knows who is who.
I really love watching conference and hearing from the Prophet and Apostles.  All of the talks were so good!  I need to start reading them again to refresh my memory.
On the 9th, I took Bella and Noah to the zoo, because I won 2 free zoo tickets at an auction we went to.  It was a little chilly in the morning, but the sun eventually came out and we were able to see lots of animals!
 This black bear was awesome because it kept jumping into this tub of water and splashing around, then he'd jump out and go and pick a fight with the other bear laying on the log.  I'd never seen a bear that active before!
 Eating our lunch
 Riding the train around the park
And watching the train right before we left. 
One time after Garrett finished watching a BYU football game on BYU tv, a BYU women's soccer game was on.  My girls watched it and were so entertained by it.  Later, Garrett found out that the BYU soccer team was coming to Portland and so he bought tickets to go see them.  Since I didn't want Noah out so late, we let Lydia invite a friend to go with.  So, she invited her friend Kali.  They all had a great time. 
 Paige, Lyd, Kali and Maggie
 Bella and Garrett
 BYU women's soccer team
On the 17th, Bella's preschool had a field trip to the pumpkin Patch, so Noah and I went with. 
 Riding the train to the patch
 which pumpkin to pick?
 The sun was bright that day!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yay, lots of fuh stuff! We haven't been to the zoo in a long time. I want to go. The soccer game looked fun too! And I like your train at the pumpkin patch. It's cute how Bella and Noah get to do fun stuff together! They'll be the new "Tad & Megan"!

gmckibbe said...

I totally think of them like that. I think it's funny--they'll be the new "couple"!