Sunday, May 13, 2012

A "Super" Party for MY SuperMan!

Everyone knows that I like to throw kids parties. Well, because I wasn't busy enough in April, at Bella's request, I threw together a "Superhero" birthday party for Garrett.  Earlier in the week, I made invitations for the kids and emailed a copy to Garrett.  Now, if my husband wasn't such a good sport about all of my crazy ideas, then I probably wouldn't have gone through with this.  But, he is, so we did it.  He is such a good dad...he participates fully and makes it so much fun...and totally gets into character!  I bought some cheap capes and made masks out of foam for everyone to wear.  By the way, masks and glasses don't really work, which is why we didn't have ours on very much. 
 

We first had to decode a secret message...
Then we posed for pictures, just because...

Then we each had to go through our Superhero Training Course which consisted of hopping through hoops for agility, crawling through a tiny tunnel, which only Bella and Paige could do, climbing a side of a building (ladder for our playstructure) like Spiderman, fly (sliding down our slide) like Superman, leap over tall buildings (lego blocks), diffuse a bomb (popping a balloon), collecting kryptonite to get rid of it (picking up green balls with tongs and putting in a bucket), and shoot down villains with a nerf gun.  Each of the kids were so funny going through the obstacle course, each with their own personalities.  The following pictures are from that.  But, Garrett going through it was just hilarious.  We've got videos of each of us going through it, but I will not post those.  What happens at the party, stays at the party.  Just know we all had a lot of fun being silly. 

Cute little Bella was the first to "train"
Super Garrett
Paige popping a balloon
The Villains
Paigey takin' down the villains
Lydia just finishing the course and showing off her stuff
Maggie trying to pop the balloon
Noah just played with the sand and water and thought we were all crazy
Next we had paper airplane competitions

Then we played Super Hero Bingo and ate lots of candy
Then our last thing was to have a Silly String War, but Garrett started the war early while I was taking pictures.  It was a mess, but fun.  Noah didn't like it at all!
After, we took Garrett out to eat and then came back for presents, cake and ice cream
My two Super heroes.
Love these guys!
Garrett requested a carrot cake, which is really hard to decorate Superhero style, so I improvised with pictures printed from the internet. 

It was fun, and I'm so glad that Garrett is a good sport. I love him so much and he is the best part of my life.  He is so fun and playful and the kids love him so much and love to play with him. 
Happy Birthday Garrett! 

4 comments:

tiffany said...

What a "Super" party!! You guys really are such a fun family!! You do good work, Mind!! I'm sure Garrett enjoyed having a party thrown in his honor!

Anonymous said...

That's fabulous, Mindy Sue! You really are a great family and so fun! Garrett is a catch!!

Megan said...

LOVE IT!!! What a fun idea! I would LOVE to see those videos of you guys going through your "training"! You always throw such fun parties. My goodness, you still have Bella's to post; you were busy in April!! You do awesome work!

JoAnnHansen said...

I have been sitting here just laughing and enjoying the pictures and your comments....what a fun day! I have to smile at little Paige - she had her mask on the whole time! Looks really fun!
Happy birthday Garrett! Glad you got your "own" party.