Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Break

For Spring Break, Garrett was able to take a few days off of work. We wanted to go somewhere, but waterparks and hotels were just too expensive. So, we decided to take the trailer out and go camping.  I just wanted to be able to relax and have fun.  I don't feel like I can do that at home because there's always something that needs to be done or cleaned or cooked.  So, we headed down to Beverly Beach which is in between Newport and Lincoln City.  We knew the weather wasn't going to be very nice, but that is why we have a trailer.  So, we headed out Monday morning.  Since we decided this so late in the game, I didn't have much time to plan for a menu for the week.  So, we decided to just eat out for lunch or dinner and have breakfast/lunch in the trailer.  I didn't even have time to get to the store before we left though, so we had to stop and get a few things when we got there. 
After we got set up, we went and got some lunch at Abby's Legendary Pizza which is a pretty good little pizza place.  They have a few arcade games there and is a really family friendly place.  I had taken some pictures on my phone there, but somehow they got lost.  Then we got some groceries and came back to "camp".  Garrett bought these fishing poles for our first sabbatical.  The kids love playing with them, although they've never done any real fishing.  Noah got such a kick out of playing with them.   
Maggie trying to stay warm by the fire.  She's such a good girl.  She's working on her Faith in God booklet, so she can finish before she turns 12 soon!
Bella fishing
The weather wasn't so bad on Monday night, so we were able to have a fire and cook s'mores.  Yay!
Tuesday morning....eating breakfast.  We don't have Noah in any kind of booster seat when we go camping, so he loves the freedom of standing up and down at meal times. 
Hanging out in the morning and coloring.  Noah likes to be involved with whatever the girls are doing. 
Love his expression!
Garrett decided to tak the girls down to the beach to play before it started raining.  I stayed behind to give Noah a nap and catch up on my reading. 
It was raining and pretty cold while they were at the beach.  They played for awhile though. 

When they got back, Noah woke up soon after, so we decided to get in the car and find some linner and walk around Depoe Bay.  We went into one or two stores, but they were just souveneir junk, so didn't want to waste our time.  So we watched the waves spraying up on the rocks because it was really stormy outside.  We were pretty much soaked and cold so we went and had some food at this yummy bbq place called Bonepile BBQ.  It's a pretty small joint and there was only one guy working--I think he was the owner; we were the only customers, I think because we were there at such a weird time.  The guy was really nice and the food was really good.  I love pulled pork sandwiches!   
So, then we came back to camp and it was pouring rain, but Noah did not want to go back inside.  He LOVES being outside.  Since we got him some boy camo rainboots at the store the previous day, we decided to go and walk through all the puddles and splash.  He loved every minute of it. 
Then we went inside and did a puzzle and played Clue.  Then we fed the kids dinner and got them in bed.  Garrett and I usually stay up reading or watching movies. 
The next morning, we just hung out and played until it was time to pack up and check out.  The kids played outside some more while I packed up everything inside. 
When we got back home and after we ate lunch Maggie and I cleaned the trailer to get it ready for the next trip.  I always do this the day we get home, because if I put it off, then I won't get it done.  Maggie has been helping me the last few trips and it sure does help and make it go faster. 

Thursday we didn't go anywhere.  It's always nice to have one day at home to catch up on laundry and everything else and just take it easy. 
On Friday, our good friends the Nelsons were going to Safari Sam's so we went too.  It's a pizza place with lots of climbing tunnels and slides and stuff.  They have an arcade area and a glow in the dark mini-golf area, but that costs more.  They also have a little kid area which is nice.  When Noah finally got warmed up, he played like crazy.  He quite enjoyed it.  We had lunch and then spent some time in the arcade.  By then, it was crazy full of kids and I had had enough, so we left. 

Loving the slide (Sorry the pictures aren't very good--they are from my phone.)
Bella, Brooke, Sarya and Paige
When we got back and Garrett got off of work, we took the kids to see The Lorax, which was a pretty good movie.  Intel gives out 4 free tickets to Intel employees for the theater that is right next to our house, which is pretty darn cool. 
Then Saturday and Sunday we watched General Conference.  All the talks were amazing.  I have to say though that President Uchtdorf and Elder Holland are my most favorite speakers. 
This picture was taken during conference...so cute to see Noah snuggling up to his daddy. 

6 comments:

Solviej said...

It sounds like a really fun spring break. Noah is really growing up fast. I can't believe how big he is, cute too.

tiffany said...

That's awesome that Intel gives you free movie tix! I always get a bit jealous of all your camping expeditions!! I loved doing that as a kid and wish I could do that with my kids! So happy that you guys do it! Maggie is so sweet and such a helper!! That's a good system you have with cleaning it the day you get back. I'd have to do it then, too. Glad you had such a fun Spring Break!

Megan said...

Seriously, in that last picture Noah looks so tall! He's growing up fast! Looked like a fun spring break. Ours was pretty boring and uneventful. I bet you're happy you still have your camper! I'm glad you guys use it so often.

JoAnnHansen said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get away for some fun times! I'm happy that you have your trailer! You have put it to good use and will continue to! Noah is growing so fast!

kate n. said...

Fun times!!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute family, Mindy, and I love how you are always doing things together....such an inspiration! I love you and appreciate all your sweet comments on facebook for my birthday...can't wait to hang out this summer!