St. Patrick's Day...
A holiday we never really celebrated growing up...we did wear green, but that was it. In the last few years, I've come to love it because it's another holiday where I can do fun things for/with my kids. There are so many fun things to do. You've got to love all the ideas on the internet. Garrett went out of town that morning, so it was just us. We started the day doing crafts...
Pots of gold, rainbows and shamrocks...
Paige's
Maggie's
Bella's
Lydia's
and mine
Then it was lunch time. I found this cute lunch on one of the many blogs that I check. A little leprechaun with rainbow m&ms and banana gold coins. You can only find so many green things to eat, so I thought this was a nice change.
Lydia decided to eat hers outside. I think the wind was a little chilly even though it was sunny out, so she climbed into the back of the car.
My little leprechauns
Mr. Smiley
Then we had a Treasure hunt...I couldn't take pictures in the middle because I was carrying Noah and they were going way too fast.
At the end, holding their treasures...
They each got one of these with socks, a straw, green and gold candy and gum
Noah was in heaven with the gold coins. One of his new words is 'candy'
New St. Patty's day socks
Lovin' that chocolate!
4 comments:
You are right - we didn't ever celebrate St. Patricks day....You found the cutest things to do. Now
that will be a new tradition!!!
Looks fun, and the kids look great! Love the green socks!
Oh that's funny. I had planned a treasure hunt with gold coins, but we didn't end up doing it because that was the day we got our playhouse and I figured that was more exciting. I'll be sure to do it next year though! Love the lunch that you made, it's super cute! And I liked the socks too!
I like the socks too. Fun ideas.
Looks like a very fun day! That was a darling lunch! Yes, the socks are great!
Post a Comment