Maggie really hated it after the first practice and wanted to quit, but that's because she's never played and didn't know what she was doing. A lot of the other girls on her team have played for a couple of years and were confident and aggressive and knew what they were doing. We made her stick with it and she has learned a lot and come a long ways. I'm really proud of her!
At her last two games, she has really made a lot of progress. She's more aggressive in fighting for the ball and she got a foul the other day when she was trying to block a girl on the other team from shooting. The girl actually fell down, although I don't that was Maggie's fault from watching the video. The girl gave Maggie a mean look though and Maggie felt so bad that the girl fell. At her last game, Maggie even made a basket for the team! Woohoo!
Garrett has been really excited that she's been playing and has been to most of her games and practices. Maggie told me that a lot of the parents of her teammates know her name because Garrett is always yelling things out to her during the games/practices. I thought that was pretty funny.
This is her team, although I think a couple of the girls are missing. Their team name was Ice Tigers. Maggie was #6. She had a really great coach, too.
Maggie is on the left, fighting for the ball.


5 comments:
I'm so excited to hear that Maggie has taken a liking to basketball, and that she stuck it out even when it was uncomfortable. You know that I'm biased towards the sport since I played in high school but she has some serious potential with her height advantage, and natural McKibben athletic ability-ha!
Way to go Maggie! Even if she didn't like it, she tried it. You'll never know unless you try!
Good job Maggie! It's great that you try alot of different things! I did not - I was too much of a chicken! Glad that you go for it!
Yeah, I was thinking she would have an advantage since she's tall! I'm glad she had fun with it!!
Yae for Maggie not quitting and following through..Do you think she will do it again next year? Can you believe our girls will be in middle school next year...When the heck did that happen eh?
Post a Comment