Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Paigey's # 7

Paige's birthday always sneaks up on me because it is right after Christmas.  This year though, we told her that she couldn't have a friend party (trying to do the every other year on friend parties), so that took a lot of pressure off of me.  She begged me to do the same kind of birthday that Lydia had with the clues, so I thought, why not?
This is her working on her first clue...it was a dot to dot picture.  It was a close-up picture of a fingernail getting painted.  It was clear to me what it was, but they all had a hard time figuring out what the picture was supposed to be...oh well.  The clue led us to "Georgeous Nails and Spa" for manicures.  Paige was absolutely thrilled!!  This is right up her alley...she is always playing with her play make-up kits and always giving her and Bella makeovers.  She was really excited.  Lydia on the other hand, wanted no part of it.  She thought it was "too girly" for her to participate in.  Despite all of our pleadings and heartfelt invitations, she still chose NOT to participate.  So, I took the other 3 girls.  She was totally fine hanging out with dad watching football while Noah napped.
The finished products.
Paigey working on her 2nd clue.  This one was a word search that took her to Toys 'R' Us to pick out a toy.  We didn't take any other pictures at the store. 
This was in the car after the shopping trip at Toys 'R' Us working on clue #3. 
Clue #3 was a crossword puzzle that I made with clues all about Paige and then the last clue led us to .....Chuck E. Cheese!!! 
 (What were we thinking??  Going there on a Saturday night??  We WEREN'T thinking...it was a mad chaotic mess.  Hardly no tables at all and people everywhere!!!)  But, it's for the kids and the kids had a great time.  Garrett and I were ready to pull our hair out, but that's a different story.   
Noah rode on the Clifford and Bob the Builder rides pretty much the whole time...he loved them!
The birthday queen
Noah was freaked out by this ride
Clue #4 was an encoded message that she had to solve that led her back to the house for presents and cake.  She got a mini-van and more furniture to go with the doll house that she got for Christmas; a play-doh pizza maker; a Flynn Rider "barbie" and a new make-up kit.
Paige's birthday cake.  No, she's not 67.  The "6" is an upside down and backwards "P".  Garrett made the cake this year while we were getting manicures.  He tried to use the rest of the left over cake from the 7.  I thought it was cute!
Happy "Golden" Birthday Paigey-girl! 
(She turned 7 on the 7th which is her Golden birthday)

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so impressed that you've already got a post up since you've been back. I just love how Lydia stayed home and watched football with Garrett instead of getting a manicure! And the picture of little Bella soaking her hands at the spa is priceless! Sounds like a great birthday for Paige. I don't do fun things like that for my kids. Maybe I'll have to copy your idea with the clues for colin's birthday this year. And kudos to Garrett for making the cake.

tiffany said...

Glad Paigey had such a fun time! I definitely need to try to do something fun for Grant's coming up. I'm so lame! That was a fun post with great pics! Can't wait to hear about your Disney trip!

JoAnnHansen said...

What a fun little party for Paigey! Looks like everyone had a great time at her birthday! I love the girls all getting manicures! You can tell they REALLY loved it.
You are so creative in planning for them!