Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Day and a very relaxing Christmas Break

The kids woke up around 7 am and since we had to be at church at 9am, we did let them go downstairs and check out what Santa brought before we got ready for church.  We got quite a bit opened before we had to hurry and get ready in record time.  We were even early for Sacrament meeting.  A rare thing for our family! 
Noah's stuff.  He loved the trucks that he's holding in the picture.  Hardly put them down all morning.  They have really loud sirens when you move them though, so they were slightly annoying.
Bella and Paige both got to share this cute little doll house.
Maggie got a keyboard, even though we already have a piano.  This is so she can practice when Noah's sleeping (she can plug in headphones)
Lydia got this really cool medieval castle.  It's big and sturdy.  She loved it!
We were all surprised with a cool circus train going around our tree.  Garrett and I have always wanted one.  The kids all loved it!
The fam after getting home from church.  After we all changed (most of the kids got back in their jammies), we had a yummy brunch with muffins and breakfast casseroles.  Then we opened the rest of the family presents and played all day. 
My parents got the girls these hoodies and hats.  My girls LOVED them and practically wore them all day-esp. the hats.  They all got new Uggs from Garrett and I so they were wearing those, too.
Bella in her new Dora tent.
We let Maggie and Lydia stay up later that night to play some new Wii games that we got.  One is this fun detective/mystery one. 
These next pictures were taken during the rest of the week.  It was absolutely fantastic to just hang around the house and play and hang out together.  We played lots of games and did a few puzzles and watched some movies.  It was so fun...I loved it!  We didn't really go anywhere, except Garrett did take some of the kids to see "Puss in Boots" with some friends of ours, the Kelley's.  I guess the movie wasn't that great though. 
Garrett and I got the "Star Wars" boxed set and introduced Maggie and Lydia to the original three movies.  We let them stay up late to watch them and it was a lot of fun to see them react to it.  We love those movies and we haven't seen them in years, either.  So it was fun all around.  The girls really enjoyed them and can't wait to watch the next 3. 
Just on a side note, for New Years Eve, after playing some games with the other kids, that's pretty much all we did was finish watching "Return of the Jedi".  We didn't feel like being party goers this year.  Plus, most of us were sick with colds, so...it worked for us.
From Santa, I got an awesome 1000 piece puzzle all about Yellowstone.  (One of my families favorite places to go on vacation)  I finished it in about 4 or 5 days with Garrett's help here and there. 
Sometimes I like to call Noah, Linus because he likes to carry around his blankies everywhere he goes.  None of my other kids ever did that, so I'm kind of enjoying it. 
Speaking of blankets, I was finally able to finish Noah's quilt over Christmas vacation!  I am so glad I finally finished it.  It's always calling at me from the back of my head, but I'm too busy with other things to actually sit down and do it.  I've been really close for a while--all it needed was the binding.  I thought it turned out really cute.  It's really busy and bright, but I love it!  Thanks again mom for finding the pattern I was searching for!
This is the back--I love the material that I finally found!  I think it fits perfectly with it!
Here's a little close-up shot of some of the cars.  It was fun to make and he likes being able to drive his cars on the roads.  He loves cars!

4 comments:

Megan said...

You've gotta love a nice and relaxing break! I'll bet it was fun to buy some boy toys for once, eh? We have that one car toy where you can put two cars at the top and they zoom down/race. Looks like the kids got some fun things. I LOVE Noah's quilt, it's adorable! Good work!

Solviej said...

Noah's quilt is amazing. Great work. Your Christmas sounds great and the pictures are fun. It's good to see Lydia is still a bit of a tom boy! I love your Yellowstone puzzle too. Thanks for sharing :)

tiffany said...

Fun post! Looks like it was a lovely Christmas break! Lydia's castle is soo cool! Grant already has a wooden one kind of like that (but not gray), and requested another one (so there can be battles). He got one, but the one Lydia got would have gone so much better with his original one. The one he received is HUGE and made of plastic. Oh well! Noah's quilt is awesome....I love it!

JoAnnHansen said...

I'm glad that you had such a great relaxing vacation! It's fun to just hang out. The kids really scorred with all of those great gifts! They must of been very good all year! Loved seeing them all. The quilt turned out to be so fun! glad you were able to finish it!