We keep all of our Christmas decorations in the back of our pantry, which is under the stairs. So, when I got all of the boxes out, the girls discovered a fun little play place. So, this is them playing in there with flashlights.
For our Christmas cards, we had a little photoshoot out in the woods behind our house. It was really cold that day, but I wouldn't let anyone wear jackets. You can tell in each picture with Bella that she is really freezing. I love the ones where some of the kids are crying. I think they are hilarious.
**I am adding a side note here because Garrett said I sounded really mean when I said that I love the pictures of my kids crying. Totally didn't intend to sound mean, it's just that I thought they were funny and more like real life. I am not really that cold hearted. Really. **
This was taken up in our tree house.
Noah loves going down the slide. These pictures crack me up!
My original idea for Christmas card pictures was to put up a bunch of white Christmas lights up on a white wall to try and get this cool effect like the one with just Paige. But, due to our lack of knowledge about photography and lighting; and not quite knowing how to use our camera, our final family picture didn't turn out like we had hoped. We played around all afternoon with lighting and different camera settings, but couldn't get it right.
Paige won the award for Patriotism out of everyone in her class for November, so this is her getting her award on Dec. 7th with the school's mascot, Max.
Bella had her preschool Christmas program on Dec. 15th. She was very excited about it. She sings the songs that she learned at school at home all the time. The above picture was the stage they stood on.
This is her ringing a jingle bell. She was very shy during the whole thing and didn't participate much. But, anyone who knows Bella shouldn't be too surprised.
Watching Santa hand out candy canes. She didn't want to sit on his lap afterwards.
Enjoying her cookie after the program.
Looking at all the toys on the stage.
2 comments:
Yay for a new post! Your Christmas card pictures were really cute, who took them? I love the one where Maggie's holding Noah and both Noah and Paige are crying. I love the idea with the Christmas lights too. I have no idea how to work cameras and light either. I thought they looked pretty good though. And what a cool stage for Bella's preschool program!
Just wondering if you got the lighting right for the one with Paige, how come it didn't work for the one with everyone? It does look great in the one with Paige! However, the ones that you used are great....I loved your card! Just for the record, no one could ever think you're mean that knows you!!
Post a Comment