Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Last few days in Ohio

July 15th
After getting back so late the night before, we had a very lazy day. I did laundry all day long so that we would have mostly clean clothes to go home with. The girls helped out grandma and grandpa in their garden. Garrett helped his dad bale hay and load it up onto the truck and bring it to the barn. That night, Garrett and I went with Jacob and Meggin to see Harry Potter 7 Part 2. I was so glad we got to go that night and that I didn't have to wait. It was fun!

Bella showing the good things she got from the garden

Bella trying to pull the wagon of weeds

July 16th
Today was another hang out day with packing and last minute things that we wanted to do like mow the grass again, go out to lunch, get a par-martay (pepsi at the par-mart--like 7-11), and go fishing.
Noah had fun watching me take pictures of him through their glass door.




One of the things that Lydia wanted to do on the trip was to go fishing in grandpa's pond. So, in the evening they rode down to the pond in the back of grandpa's truck (which was an adventure all on it's own). They each got a turn to fish and they each caught one.
Lydia's fish
Paige and her skinny fish
I love this picture of Bella; she's so curious about this thing that she just caught.
Celeste, Bella and Paige in the back of the truck
Garrett "helping" Maggie

Riding back to the house


July 17th
This is the morning of the day that we left.
Eating breakfast
The cousins (minus Noah who was napping). They all look really red in the face because it was SO hot outside. I made them wear pants because it usually gets cold on the airplane, but boy were they hot and miserable then!! I guess I should've let them change, but I didn't want to get into the suitcases again!

Maggie took this picture of Bella at 1 am on the plane ride back home. We had two layovers and the second one was in Phoenix. The kids were all asleep on the way there and of course they all woke up when we landed. But we didn't have to switch planes. So, when everyone got off, there was a ton of room. Since it was Southwest, and we didn't have assigned seats, we moved everything to the front of the plane and spread out. We tried to get all the kids to lay down and go back to sleep while we waited for an hour to take off again. Bella is the only one that actually fell back to sleep. It was THE longest night!! We were glad to be back home!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah, I bet it was THE longest night! At least you got to spread out in the end. I'm sure that helped!

tiffany said...

Those over-night flights are not fun! Riding in the back of trucks is, though! I miss being able to do that!