July 12th We all had rough nights after the long drive and the babies not having good naps and getting to bed late. My two oldest girls slept in the hotel room with grandma and grandpa and were being a little silly in the middle of the night. Therefore, grandma and grandpa were tired also. So, we had a leisurely morning with swimming for the kids and some naps for the babies and grandparents. In the afternoon, we headed to Palmyra to see the Sacred Grove and the house where Joseph Smith and his family lived.
All 13 of us

Our family minus Paige who had gone ahead with the rest of the group. While we were walking through the grove, we found a bench and pulled out Lydia's itouch and read in the scriptures the account of Joseph Smith seeing Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in this very place. Garrett bore his testimony about Joseph Smith and his part in the restoration--it was a very neat moment.
Taking a break
Before heading down to our chairs for the performance we took an hour and went and toured the EB Grandin Building where they published and sold the Book of Mormon. We got there right before it was closing, so we kind of had to hurry through, so I didn't get any pictures. It was neat though. It seemed very different from when I went there as a teenager.
Lydia and one of the actors. He played one of the 3 wisemen. Lydia really enjoyed asking a couple of the actors who they were. They all walked around and mingled with the audience before it started.
This was the opening scene...it was so cool! Maggie and Lydia really enjoyed it...the younger three were too tired to care. Both of their favorite parts (mine too) was when the Savior came to the Nephites. What a powerful moment, and they portrayed it so well! I am really glad that we were able to go and see it.
July 13th
Today, after swimming in the pool in the morning and letting the babies nap, we loaded into the van again and headed up to Canada to see Niagara Falls. We didn't get there until the late afternoon, but still had time to ride on the Maid of the Mist boats.





Noah didn't like the boat ride. I think it was the blue plastic on his head and the spray of water in his face from the waterfall. He was not happy.

After we got off the boat, we wanted to look around the town a bit. It is so much like Vegas, I was really surprised. Big, loud, full of lights, and crowded. It was cool, but a bit much for me. We decided to get a quick bite to eat and head back to the hotel. It was late and kids were very tired!
July 14th
We decided to head back to the falls before heading home because we wanted to see the Falls from the top and do a little souvenier shopping.
Looking at souveniers






















4 comments:
Looks like a great trip! The Sacred Grove looks beautiful, I am sure it was very neat. Glad I got to see you in Utah!
You know, I've never seen any of the Church History sights or been to Niagra! Looks like a good trip. Love the one of everyone in the van!
What a great vacation. I've never seen any of that either - hope to some day! Very fun!
Great memories for you....looks fun!
Post a Comment