That same afternoon of Lydia's field trip, I got to get away for a girl's weekend with some friends from my ward. We all chipped in and rented a house in Manzanita, just a little past Cannon Beach. Unfortuneatly, the weather was still a little chilly, but it was still a lot of fun to hang out with such fun people. We got to the beach around 4:30 or so and then ate dinner, courtesy of the fabulous Rockelle. She made a yummy dinner for everyone...I think she really likes to cook.
(bottom row) Suki, Kate and Robyn
Then we took a stroll on the beach, then came back and talked, played games, snacked on desserts and stayed up WAY too late! The next morning came way too early! I don't like mornings as it is. But, since we had to be out of the house by 11 and there were 12 women that had to get ready, we had to get up and at'em. After breakfast, we went shopping in the little town of Manzanita and then had lunch at this yummy pub. Some of us had to leave by then, but the rest of us drove down to Tillamook for squeaky cheese and ice cream, then headed home.
On the 27th, Intel had a night where the employees got a cheap rate to go to a kids science museum in Portland called OMSI. We were all going to go, but it was going to be too late of a night for Noah, so he and I stayed home and Garrett took the girls. They had a fun time. I think we've only been one other time and that was when Maggie was a baby. We need to get out more!






The next night, there was a Stake Temple Night, and since it's been ages since Garrett and I had been to the temple, we decided we had better go. We rode there with our good friends, Aaron and Terri and then went out to dinner after. It was a nice night out.
The 30th was Memorial Day. We didn't do anything grand or exciting. In the morning, we had a picture appointment for Maggie's and Bella's birthday pictures. (Yes, I'm usually a month or more late in getting pictures taken.) Maggie's turned out really cute. Bella, on the other hand was very excited about picking out what dress she wanted to wear and to get her hair fixed cute, but she wanted NOTHING to do with getting her picture taken when we got there. She wouldn't have anything to do with it. So, we walked away with no pictures of her.
I think I'll try it again when I go to get Noah's one year pictures taken. She can be so stubborn sometimes. :) We did a little shopping after that and then came home to enjoy the sunny day. We played outside and jumped on the trampoline--even me. It was a lot of fun. And the girls got a kick out of watching me jump. I'm sure I was quite the sight! Then when we were getting ready to bbq, it started raining. It didn't rain too long, so we were able to finish cooking our food, but then ate inside. It was a nice relaxing weekend anyways.
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a really fun May.
Such a fun post! I love seeing pictures of the kids! They are all growing so fast! Glad you got to get away with the "girls" Mindy!
Looks fun!
Hmm, I seemed to have missed this one. I saw the summer one, but not this one. Anyways, jealous about your girl's weekend getaway -- sounds fun! I could use one of those. And I haven't jumped on a trampoline in ages, bet that was fun too.
Post a Comment