Awards
Every month at the girls school, they hand out awards for certain character traits. At the end of the year, they award them to students who best portrayed all 8 character traits. Maggie won this for her class a couple of weeks ago, so here are a few pictures of her with her award.
Baby Shower
My friends Beth, Gabe and Rockelle threw a baby shower for me and another lady in my ward (Tara) that is pregant with her 2nd little boy and due a few weeks before me. It was fun with lots of good friends and conversation and good food. I got lots of good stuff for Noah, so we feel really prepared. I took my camera to take pictures, but completely forgot about it until the end of the shower. So, I had Beth's daughter Ashlee take a few pictures of the people that were still there talking. So, here are some of those pictures.
Renita
Last week, the girls school had their annual end of year Talent Show. This year Maggie and Lydia tried out together and they made it into the talent show! Maggie learned a song on the piano called "Boogie Blues" and Lydia sang along with it. I was so amazed that they even tried out and was so proud of them for actually going through with it at school. Lydia said she was so nervous that her legs were shaking. They did great. For some reason, I can't get the video to post--it's from our new video camera and I just can't figure it out. I'll try again to post it later.
Last Day of School
This past Thursday was our last day of school. They only had a half day. At around 9 am, I got a call from the school saying that they had Lydia in the nurses office with an ice pack on her eye. I guess they had been signing a t-shirt in class with sharpie markers and some little girl accidentally poked Lydia in the eye. The nurse wanted me to come in and check out her eye because Lydia really wanted to go home. When I got there, she couldn't open her eye and all around it was red. So, I took her home because I figured there wasn't much else going on at school and she could come home and rest her eye. I thought that she'd be okay in an hour or so, but she still had a hard time opening it after awhile.
After Maggie got home, I took them out to lunch to celebrate and Lydia cried the whole time about how it hurt and that she couldn't handle the pain anymore. So, when we got home, I called the eye doctor and got her an appointment. When we went in, the doctor gave her some eye drops that would numb her eye and therefore let her open her eye so that he could examine it. After he looked at it, he said that it was definitely a corneal abrasion, which is a painful scrape or scratch to the clear part of the eye. It's like when you scratch your arm and the top layer of skin comes off, except its in the eye. And since there are so many nerve endings in your eye, then it is extremely painful.
He told me that kids heal themselves pretty quickly and it was already starting to mend itself. The more she kept her eye closed, the faster it would heal. He gave her some codeine for the pain and then some antibiotic ointment for her eye so that it wouldn't become infected. The next day, she didn't need the pain medicine anymore and she was doing Much better. What an awful experience!
Maggie was extremely sad when she got off the bus because she LOVES school so much that she didn't want it to end. Poor thing. I think she started to cheer up a little when I gave them a little "Welcome Summer" gift basket. But she still talks about how excited she is for 5th grade.
Ballet Recital
Paige had her ballet recital last Saturday night. She did such a good job and she looked so darn cute in her costume. She LOVES being able to wear all the stage makeup and getting her hair all fancy for her performance. Here's a video of that (not working right now--will try again later)and a few pictures of her afterwards.





5 comments:
Lots of things going on! I love your little welcome summer buckets! What a cute idea! Sorry to hear about Lydia getting her eye scratched.....eye stuff freaks me out. Glad it was short-lived. Congrats to Maggie on her award. Paige looked adorable in her costume. I'm sure she did great!
Summer buckets...What a good mom you are. That idea wouldnt evenm cross my mind. Mine is always.....hey lets leave for Cali and skip the last day of school! EVERY YEAR. ITS MY PATTERN!
Yeah, you have been busy. Ditto to what Tiffers said. I guess I should update my blog, but there's not much going on. It's fun to see what you're up to!
You are such a good mom. The summer baskets are such a cute idea.
Paige looks adorable in her costume.
Way to go Maggie!!
That's great about the talent show. Very brave of them.
Ouch! Poor Lydia. I'm glad the eye is okay.
Alot of fun stuff going on at your house!!! Have the girls done everything in the summer bucket yet? Hooray for Maggie and Lydia, the honors and the talent show...do you think they will do it for me when I come? Paige looks so cute! Now, you are ready to rest, right?
Post a Comment