Friday April 22nd
We celebrated Maggie's birthday all weekend.
Maggie's best friend Emma, came over while Maggie was at school to decorate her room. She had 16 balloons and tied to each balloon was a picture of them and a short thought or memory on the back. It was really cute.
That night we went out to eat for her birthday and she chose Old Spaghetti Factory. Her favorite.
Saturday April 23rd
For her 16th birthday, I decided to throw her a surprise party. I had her friend Emma help with inviting all her friends. I had bought pizza for dinner and had a bunch of snacks and sodas. I figured they'd just want to eat and hang out. I also had stuff for an ice cream bar.
The ice cream bar and all the snacks.
I had a lot of fun printing off black and white pictures of Maggie all throughout her childhood. I only meant to do a handful, but there were so many good ones that I had about 200 pictures. I hung up a lot of them, but will save them all to give to her.
#16 made from pictures of Maggie
Maggie had been at Emma's house hanging out and watching a movie. I had told her other friends to come at a certain time and then told her to be home like a half hour later because I needed her to babysit while Garrett and I went out. She kept texting saying that she was finishing up a movie and for us to go ahead and leave. That she'd be home in like 20 minutes and Lydia could babysit for that amount of time. I kept telling her that she needed to be home regardless, so she reluctantly came home. I had all these teenagers at my house and no birthday girl. Finally she came home and I thought she might know what was going on, but she was completely surprised! I was so happy about that!
Maggie being surprised
Eating dinner
hanging out
back: Nathan; on the couch: Emma (from her basketball team), Andrew, Spencer, floor: Makaela, Maggie, Rebecca and Emma. They pretty much talked the whole time. I was kind of surprised that most of them left around 9:30 or so...I thought they'd stay a lot later. But, I think she had a fun time.
Sunday April 24th
Family Birthday Party
After church, we had grandma and grandpa over for dinner and then opened presents.
She got new piano music--the Downton Abbey theme song and Pearl Harbor piano music. She doesn't take lessons anymore, but she really likes to find music that she loves and then she practices on them for hours. I love that she still plays piano and enjoys it.
She got a new wallet and we surprised her with a debit card. We had set up a checking account with some money in it to get her started. We also had a few gift cards in the wallet.
Garrett had also taken her car in and got a new stereo system put in for her. She's holding the front of the stereo that you can take out. She was pretty surprised.
Strawberry cheesecake for her cake
Checking out her new stereo.
She also got the charge cord for her phone.
Here are Maggie's annual questions:
Favorite color: dark purple, olive green
Favorite dessert: Tillamook Oregon Strawberry ice cream on a waffle cone
What is your favorite thing for dinner? Spinach tortellini alfredo from Old Spaghetti Factory
Do you collect anything? I keep all my cards and movie ticket stubs
What is your favorite movie? "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "Music and Lyrics"
What is your favorite book? The work and the Glory, Throne of Glass, the Help.
What is your favorite song? "Die a Happy Man" by Thomas Rhett
Who are your best friends? Emma Lloyd, Nathan Goodey, Joseph Poole
What do you love about yourself? I love that I am willing to branch out and try new things. I love that I have grown more confident.
What is your favorite thing about school? I love French and choir! I also love being able to learn and socialize with people.
What is your favorite thing to do with your mom? I love going shopping, cooking and talking with her.
What is your favorite thing to do with your dad? I love to joke around with him and do house projects.
What is the best thing you have learned this year? I've learned to make new friends and to be more accepting of different people.
Where would you like to go on vacation this year? I would love to go to Harry Potter World, Disney World, or Europe or Mexico
What do you want to be when you grow up? I would love to be a teacher and a mom. I love kids and I think that what they learn when they are young is important.
Do you have a favorite scripture? My favorite is Isaiah 49:5-6, but mainly I love the thought that Christ remembers us every time he looks at His hands.
Who is your favorite apostle? My favorite apostles are Dieter F. Uchtdorf and Jeffrey R. Holland. They both have such strong passionate testimonies. They have a sense of humor that makes them relatable and easy to listen to.
No comments:
Post a Comment