Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The rest of Mexico vacation...

Finishing up our vacation....
Wed. Feb. 24th
Garrett got up really early and went to the grocery store by himself so we would have food for breakfasts and lunches.  And then he made breakfast sandwiches and fruit smoothies for everyone.  He is so nice!!
Then we went down to the beach and played in the water for awhile.
 Playing in the sand.
Then we headed back up to the resort to swim and read by the pool.  
 I went up early to shower and change before dinner.  The younger kids came up to join me and we played some card games out on the patio while I was letting my hair dry.  
 Garrett took Maggie and Lydia to play tennis with uncle Josh.
 We went out in the hallway to watch them.  
 When they were done, we went to an Italian restaurant called Romeo and Juliet's.  I remember that Garrett and I came here for dinner when we were on our honeymoon.  It was really nice. 
 Noah sure liked his spaghetti!
Thursday Feb. 25th
 Garrett made breakfast again--eggs, bacon, smoothies and donuts. 
 Later that morning, we all took a glass bottom boat to look at fish and to go see Lover's beach.
She doesn't look like it here, but Bella was really scared of being on the boat.  1st of all she gets sick on planes and boats and cars--so she was worried about that.  And then she was terrified of the boat tipping over.  It was rocking pretty good, so she was not happy at all.  At least she smiled for the picture though!
 Looking over at Lover's Beach
 a seal up on the rock
 trying to find the fish
 After we got off the boat, we went back up to our room to eat lunch and then we came down and hung out by Pueblo Bonito Blanco's pool--which is just next door.  This was the view from our chairs.  
 Lydia and I had great seats under an umbrella so that we were looking out over the ocean.  She and I read while the other's swam.
 Noah wanted to buy one of those parachute guy "kites" that is in the upper left hand corner.  So, Garrett went down and bought one for him and they are flying it in the picture.  
 That is what they are doing in this picture even though you can't see the kite.  
 Hannah, Paige and Bella playing in the waves. 
 Garrett and Josh playing tennis again, but this time Noah and Grandpa Jim played with them.  
 I love this one of Noah and Garrett going for the ball at the same time.  
 Ready to go out for dinner
 Beautiful sunset
 We went to this restaurant called La Golondrina.  We go here every time we come to Cabo.
 Tonight they had this singer for entertainment--he would go around to each table and sing.  Jim motioned for him to go sing to Maggie.  I think she was pretty embarrassed!
Friday Feb. 26th
I guess Tanya had gotten up really early and went outside to read and save chairs for us.  This was a picture that she took that morning.  It was so pretty!  I myself have never seen Cabo at sunrise because I don't get up early on vacation.  :)
 Today was pretty low key.  We ate another yummy breakfast made by Garrett. We pretty much hung out by the pool all day.  The kids swam with cousins and us older folks read.
 Noah, Caleb and Luke
 Up in the left corner of the picture, Paige and Hannah are jumping into the pool at the same time.  
 same here
 reading and watching the kids swim.  Pretty good vacation!!
 Cute Paige
 These boys play really well together.  They were taking a break from swimming and were collecting rocks.  I don't remember what they were discussing here though. 
 They wanted to paint ceramic figures again, so we let them. 
 Noah painted an airplane 
Bella and Paige each painted a Lizard.  
We had lunch around the pool and then stayed in and ate leftovers for dinner.  We all got together and played games and then went to bed. 
Saturday Feb. 27th
Garrett got up early and went out scuba diving.  He hasn't been in years and was able to do two dives.  We ate breakfast and played in the pool.  He got back around lunch time.  
Tanya convinced Maggie to do water aerobics.
That night, Maggie and Lydia babysat all the kids--I think we ordered pizza for dinner for them, and then the adults went out to dinner alone.  The kids played games, watched a movie and had a dance party because the resort was having a fiesta down by the pool and the kids could hear the music from our room.  
Mesmerized by the tv
We just ate at the restaurant down the beach where we ate the first night.  
Jim and Georgia.  I didn't get any pictures of Josh and Tanya because they left a little earlier than us to go and get their kids in bed.  
Sunday Feb. 28th
This morning we went and had breakfast at the Office one more time.  Walking back on the beach, we saw this guy carrying an iguana and was offering it to take pictures with for money.  Ya, no thank you!  Yuck!
Another day of playing in the pool
Hannah and Bella
Noah eating a sandwich by the pool
Paige and I were taking turns reading the last Harry Potter book.  While she was swimming, I would read.  
Kids playing in the ocean
Later in the afternoon, we rented two jet skis and rotated through riders/drivers.
Garrett took Lydia on one first while Tanya took Hannah.
Lydia actually fell off the back and did not like that at all.  That's why I don't like to ride with Garrett. 
Then they came back in and Garrett took Maggie out and Josh took Caleb.  I think Maggie liked it.  I want to say that she fell off too, but I can't remember.  
Group picture of everyone before dinner. 
And one of our family.
That night we went to dinner at a restaurant called La Casa Country down by the marina.  
Monday Feb. 29th
We had to leave today so it was spent packing and driving to the airport and flying. 
One last shot of Cabo beauty!
Every time we come to Cabo, Jim and Georgia graciously give us the presidential suite because we have the biggest family.  It's always the exact same room.  So, we wrote a little note to our future selves and put it behind one of the pictures hanging in the living area.  Hopefully next time we go, we will remember to look for it and see if it is still there.  Ha!
Taking some last pictures...
Until next time, Cabo...

1 comment:

Megan said...

Lots of good food and swimming! Loved the seal on the rock. But I'll always have bad memories of Lover's beach. I almost died in my kayak!!